Question about Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
This has been a troublesome issue for Whirlpool and many of Whirlpools customers. The F51 code indicates a problem with the RPS (Rotational Speed Sensor) that monitors the motor speed. This issue has been identified as relating to the the connection system between the RPS and the controller.
Whirlpool has changed the RPS connector design, providing a more reliable connection and is available as a service kit. The control has also been updated for better sensing of the RPS. Also, if you have experienced problems with certain wash loads getting tangled and knotted, there is also an update washplate intended to reduce this issue. You should contact Whirlpool for possible repair concessions related to these issues.
If you would like to get to the RPS.. Here's how:
In some cases, the F51 code can be fixed by cleaning the RPS connector. The RPS is located on the motor armature underneath the machine.
1. Tilt the machine backwards, resting the console against the wall.
2. using a disposer tool or suitable hex wrench loosen the center stator screw completely (the screw is captive and will not fall out of hole).
3. The stator contains a series of strong magnets and will take some tugging and wiggling to pull off.
4. Remove the 4 bolts that secure the armature to the tub. CAREFUL this assembly is a little heavy, support well before removing last bolt.
5. The RPS is attached to the armature. Remove and insert RPS connector (the one with 6 wires) 10 times to 'wipe' the contacts providing a cleaning action.
If I can assist you further, please let me know
The FixYa Team
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 08, 2010 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jan 28, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Oct 18, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Dec 09, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 06, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Oct 16, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Feb 03, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: