- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you should type in 192.168.0.1.
In your request you have:
i can not run 192.168.01 on my computer to change it to ppoe,i have a di-524 dlink and a motorola mstatea dsl modem,the other computers desk top and laptop can connect to the internet,but the one these componets are hardwired to cannot.has worked fine for years but stopped suddenly!!!!!!!!!!!
here you get the manual sir: ftp://ftp.dlink.se/Products/di-products/di-524/Documentation/DI-524_manual.pdf -
or www.amazon.com/D-Link-DI-524-Wireless-Router-802-11g/dp/B0001PFQ08 - 256k - or reviews.cnet.com/routers/d-link-di-524/4505-3319_7-30839580.html - 79k - thanking you
1. Just connect one of the LAN ports of the DI-524 to a LAN port of your other router. Leave the DI-524 WAN port empty.
2. Disable the DHCP server on your DI-524, your other router will be the DHCP server.
3. Assign a static IP address to you DI-524, different from your other router's. Example, if your other router has 192.168.2.1, you may assign 192.168.2.4. Make sure that the IP address you assign is outside the DHCP range configured in your other router and that the subnet mask is identical on both.
This shouldn't really be any problem simply use a short "Uplink" ethernet cable to join the routers thru the uplink port, or any port really, and that way ya should be able to wifi and access the net, set ya router that connects to the net for DCHP and disable that setting in the Wifi router and ya should be good to go?