As soon as you power it up, it grabs a sheet of paper and feeds it half way thru then the check paper light comes on. I even isolated the printer from the PC so it was like just a stand alone copier and it still does the same thing. Any ideas???
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The paper feed roller(s) are probably dirty.If you can reach the the roller that pulls in the paper try to clean it with alcohol or kitchen type cleaner if you do not have alcohol make shure it is fully dry before trying to print.You can also wet one sheet of paper with alcohol where the roller will grab it and tell it to print while firmly holding back the paper as you do not want wet paper to feed into machine repeat if needed
You might have a bit of paper stuck deep inside the printer. Read your printer's user guide manual. for how to remove paper that is jammed inside the printer. If you haven't got your printer's user guide manual, then just download a pdf version from your printer manufacturer's website.
That is usually caused by the paper feed rollers being cover with paper dust. Take a clean cotton pad and alcohol and clean the rollers :turninig each roller as you clean it. if it has a rear dor, open it to get better access to the rollers.
Please remember to rate all users who assist you for free :)
. Switch off the
printer and disconnect the power supply. Allow any residual charge
inside the all-in-one printer to dissipate before putting your hands or
any metal tools inside the chassis.
2. Pin down the exact
location of the jam. The 3 hot spots for a jam are before a sheet
completely leaves the paper tray, anywhere between the feed tray and
print carriage or between the print carriage and output tray.
3. Take off the front
paper tray if the sheet jammed while still in the front area of the
printer. If here, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4. Pull the sheet with
both hands and steady pressure. Do not tug as you might rip the paper,
leaving a piece deeper inside the machine.
5. Open the back panel to reach paper jammed between the feed-tray area and print carriage. Carefully remove the jammed paper.
6. Use the carriage
access door to get at a jam further inside the printer. You may need to
remove the print carriage to get to the jam.
7. Replace all parts and
return any access panels to their closed and locked positions. Plug
your printer back in and flip the power switch.
1. Unplug the printer power cord and remove the back door.
2. Wipe the paper rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with distilled or bottled water. Rotate the rollers with your fingers to clean all the way around.
3. Allow the rollers to dry completely, then close the rear door.
4. Open the print carriage access door.
5. Use a clean, dry cotton cloth to wipe the carriage rod. Move the carriage as needed to clean the full length of the rod. Do not lubricate the rod.
6. Close the printer, plug the power cord in, and turn on the printer power.
Ensure that you select appropriate paper type and size before printing.
HP PSC 1600 and 2350 Series - Paper Jam or Paper Feed Problems"
When the all-in-one detects a paper jam, the following message appears: Paper jam: Press OK to continue . The computer might display the following message: There is a paper jam (or misfeed). Clear the jam and press the Enter, Resume or OK button on the HP PSC.
This document will assist in correcting paper-feed problems such as paper jamming, print slanting, and multiple pages feeding into the all-in-one.
Clearing paper jams