Thanks for your reply
Out of frustration I was sitting looking at the camera and thought to try all buttons and see what hapenned. On the righthand side of the camera in the bottom left position is a button marked display. Normally during live display mode, you can either switch the screen on or of by pressing this button (to conserve the batteries). If the camera is powered off and then on again, the screen automatically is in live display screen active mode again. For some reason my display remained off. When I depressed this button once after switching the camera on - voyla! The display worked again in live viewing mode. I do not know whether the screen is supposed to stay in the off mode when powered down in live display off mode even when it is switched off and then back on again or not, but the previous times I did, it was automatically on when powered up again.
So, before repairing your camera, please make sure that it is actually broken - refrain from making a fool of yourself like I did.
Thanks once again for your support
Regards - notsobroken
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try changing the memory storage device for a new/different one (often an SD card - I don't know for the A470) Just a suggestion. I doubt your pacemaker has anything to with it (do ther pepe when using your camera experience the same picture loss ?).
Based on the information you have provided, it appears that you may have encountered this issue. To determine if the CCD (image sensor) is working properly, please follow these steps:
1. Insert a memory card with known good images on it into the camera.
2. Power the camera on to the Playback mode.
3. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel, and observe the LCD.
a. If the images are displayed properly, please proceed to step four.
b. If the images are not displayed, or a "NO IMAGES" message appears, please ensure that the memory card contains known good images.
c. If the card contains known good images, and the issue persists with a second memory card, the camera will require service.
4. Switch the camera to the Camera mode. You may use any shooting mode (i.e. Auto, Manual).
5. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel.
6. Point the camera at a well-lit scene and observe the LCD and/or viewfinder. If the scene the camera is pointed at appears on the LCD and/or viewfinder, the CCD is operating properly. If the LCD and/or viewfinder remain black, the camera requires service
Hi i had the same problem and i got it for the second time. can i please know how to remove the camera so i can replace the strip my self. And do u have a service manual. if so can i know where to get one for my self. thanks
I also had the same problem, Cannon MV700i only recording sound. The veiwfinder, LCD sceen blank, VCR playback working fine. Contacted Plymcare by phone, they were very helpfull. They explained Cannon were aware of the problem and providing problem was ccd, would repair free of charge, as they bill Cannon. Posted the camcorder (over 4 yrs old) by special next day delivery and returned 3 days later, fully repaired. The only cost incurred was postage to Plymcare ( i paid just over £6 ).
Samsung has been having very serious problems with the CCD imagers in their camcorders for some time now. I would give them a call and let them know how disappointed you are in the camera. Almost all manufacturers having this problem are repairing the cameras at no charge to the customer.
Good luck to you!
Recording Still images To The Memory Stick
M.REC mode (Memory RECORD mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to CAMERA.
3. Press the PHOTO button.
The still image is recorded to the Memory Card.
To View photos on the Memory Card
M.PLAY mode (Memory PLAYBACK mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER.
The last recorded image appears. If there are no recorded images on the Memory Card, NO STORED PHOTO! or NO STORED MPEG4! will display on the screen.
3. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the desired still image.
* To view the next image : press the (FWD) button.
* To view the previous image : press the (REV) button.
* Pressing (FWD) when you are on the last image will take you to the first image and pressing (REV) when you are on the first image will take you to the last image.
* Keep pressing (FWD) or (REV) to search for an image quickly.