My son spilt tea near my cell phone & unfortunately my phone also got wet. i dried it but now the speaker is giving problems. it also doesn't have any signal, at first it got signal but i couldn't make calls or even send messages & afterwards the signal went away competely.
You should get some silica gel packets (the small packets that say "do not eat" and come in boxes of new shoes, or purses) - take the phone apart as much as you can without damaging it and put the phone and the silica packets in a sealed plastic bag and let it sit as long as you can. The silica will pull the moisture out of the phone. I've heard rice works for this as well.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Even "clear" Water left with electricity will continue to cause damage... It must be dried before power is restored.
There is an immediate and urgent need to get ALL the power removed from any ELECTRICAL device that has moisture exposure.
If it was tea with milk... (mine was coffee with cream & sugar... full cup turned over on my DELL PC in 2002)...
I learned right there how to pull the battery... pulled the hard drive
rinsed it all the rest with clean water... and again with 90% rubbing alcohol... gently blew everything dry with compressed air and let it all dry for several days... turning parts over each day.
Three days later I reassembled it all back together
and it is STILL running TODAY.
Open it up, remove the battery. Clean the battery contacts if they are dirty (but be careful - batteries can give you a shock). Clean it with a lightly damp (not wet) cloth, and place it in a warm dry place to dry off with the battery removed, and case open.
Take the battery off. Leave the cover off. Put the phone in a bag of rice. Make sure it's completely surrounded by rice. Leave for at least a day. Two would be better. Clean the phone off, reinsert the battery, plug it in to power, and try it. If it still won't power on, getting it wet with the battery in has shorted out components and blown them. If it does work, all's well.
I think your mobile ringer no working it need to be clean. So if you have any Mobile repair worker to near your home go to over there & tell him to make it clean but carefully then check your mob. ringer.
I hope than it will work very fine as working before...
i could be ok take the batteries out,then wash out properly with warm water and let it dry out fully near a radiator for a couple of days and try it then. It has worked for me everytime if you have the knowhow and the tools to take it apart then do so it will speed up the whole process
I'm sorry, but there are no alternatives, and you may have bigger issues than just the keyboard. If the tea seeped past the keyboard, and onto the motherboard, which is directly bellow the keyboard, then by trying to start it you may have fried the motherboard. You would be surprised how long it takes for a laptop to dry out, 6 hours is not near long enough. You will also want to clean it, the sugar in the tea can cause corrosion of the circuitry on the motherboard. I'm going to recommend that you take it in for a professional diagnostic and cleaning. This way you will know the exact extent of the damage.
How long ago did this happen? Remove the power adapter and the battery. Remove any removable covers from the bottom of the laptop and look for any signs of liquid. Leave the covers off for a couple of days to allow any liquid or moisture to dry up.
Press and hold in the power button for up to 60 seconds to discharge the laptop.
When you are sure there is no more moisture present try starting the laptop.
If it still won't turn on something may have shorted out during the spill and you will probably have to take it to a repair shop.