Called the customer service line a few mins ago. Here are the steps the guy told me to do:
1. Unplug the AC adapter
2. Unplug the phone jack
3. Take the battery out of the phone
4. Wait 15 minutes
5. Put everything back together in reverse order (battery, phone jack, adapter) and it should work as directed. If you have the additional phones like we do and those don't register right away, just take the battery pack out and put it back in.
WOW!!! Thanks I did it, and I just registered the phone and it is working!!!
The only step is
6. You need to fully recharge the phone for the 16 hours and then register it.
I am using the phone as we speak
thanks again for the posting
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is from the instructions at GE's site for the model 28110 (you said 2810, which isn't found):
Press the mute/program button. Hold BASE PAGE for 5 seconds, then PRESS HANDSET PROGRAM shows in the display. (Your handset should be held near the base during registration process.)
Press and hold the page button on the base unit until the charge/in use indicator flashes. Press the handset mute/program button. REGISTERING shows in the display. HANDSET X REGISTERED shows in the handset display, where X is the handset number
Disconnect AC power adapter from the back/bottom of base unit, then connect it again properly.
OR, to resolve this issue, you have to re-register the handset.
To do this on a non-expandable cordless phone: Press and hold the LOCATOR/INTERCOM button on the Base until a beep sounds. Press and hold the FLASH/CALL WAIT button on the Handset until a beep is heard. When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset. Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete to allow the handset to establish communications with the base. If this fails to help: Remove the AC Adapter from the phone base or wall outlet for a few seconds and reconnect. It may also be necessary to remove the battery from the handset for a brief moment.
To do this on a expandable cordless phone system: Press and hold the LOCATOR/INTERCOM button for the extension that is displaying "No Link To Base" on the Base until a beep sounds. Press and hold the FLASH/CALL WAIT button on the Handset that is displaying "No Link To Base" until a beep is heard. When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset. Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete to allow the handset to establish communications with the base. If this fails to help: Remove the AC Adapter from the base or wall outlet for a few seconds and reconnect. It may also be necessary to remove the battery from the handset for a brief moment.
See below for complete instructions but think you have missed out part 2......
Reregister the handset or add additional handsets.
1. Remove all handsets form charging or Main base unit. 2. On on Main base unit, press and hold Page button for 10 seconds until beep. ( Not paging beep )
3. On 'unregistered' handset press and hold Redial & Calls buttons ( Top left and top right ) until 'bs-' appears.
4. Enter handset number ( eg: bs-1 ) then the pin number( could be 0000 but check your manual ).
I would assume this could have been a product that was returned to the company that you purchased it from. Follow these instructions.
1. 1. Disconnect power from the base by pulling the plug out of the back of the unit.
2. Press and hold the Page button and while holding the Page button reconnect the power.
3. Continue to hold the Page button until the charge/in use light flashes rapidly.
4. Release the Page button.
5. Press and release the page button on the base once. All handsets are de-registered and
HANDSET NEEDS REGISTRATION shows in the display.
From the Handset Setup Menu:
1. Press the caller ID-volume ( 6 or 5) button to scroll to the REGISTRATION sub-menu.
2. Press the mute/program button to enter the menu. REGISTRATION 1YES 42NO - - -shows
in the display. The default setting is 2NO.
3. Use the touch-tone pad to select 1 for YES or 2 for NO. Or use the caller ID-volume ( 6 or
5) button to scroll to 1YES or 2NO.
4. If you select YES, press the mute/program button. HOLD BASE PAGE FOR 5 SECONDS, THEN
PRESS HANDSET PROGRAM shows in the display. (Your handset should be held near the
base during registration process.)
5. Press and hold the page button on the base unit until the charge/in use indicator flashes.
Press the handset mute/program button. REGISTERING shows in the display. HANDSET X
REGISTERED shows in the handset display, where X is the handset number. You may now
rename your handset. (Refer to Step 3 & 4 of Handset Name Section)
NOTE: IF you are re-registering the handset through the handset menu;
to rename your handset you must go to the Handset Name Section and
start from the beginning step.
I understand that you have tried the registation process. Sometimes with electronics, you have to start from ground 0, before it will work correct again.
If there are further questions or comments, please post here.
Please rate this solutn through fix-it.
1. make sure phone is charged 2. hold down the "mute/program button on the phone 10 seconds. 3. you should see a message on the screen that says you need to push the "pager button" on the handset. 4. Push the pager button
2/29 Have you registered or re-registered the handset?
"No link" can mean handset is not accepting radio wave of base unit. At Mfgr website pull-down operator's manual and look for registration instructions. Some sequence of buttons will create a radio signal from base (have handset off base) then another sequence of buttons on handset will accept radio signal. If handset has "menu" button, try "menu", then "00" (zero zero) then select an accept or "OK" button. Good luck.