Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Rubber cup top of television tube is loose does this matter and what is it

Posted by on

  • gottaproblem
    gottaproblem Feb 12, 2008

    televisions going to the tip! swapped transistors, loosely put the back on, plugged her back in, turned it on, there was a flash of bright white light (fuse blowing) and thats about enough of that.

    thanks for your help


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,124 Answers

The rubber cup supplies the high voltage to the CRT. The cup will move around a little but it should not be loose. Make sure you let the TV set bleed off the high voltage before you touch this connection. The correct way to discharge this lead is to attach a lead to the chassis ground and the other end to a screwdriver and insert the screwdriver under the rubber cup and touch the metal lead under the rubber cup. Make sure your hand is insulated when doing this. You can remove the rubber cup by grabbing the rubber boot and squeezing it. This compresses the clip under the boot and allows you to remove the lead from the CRT. make sure you do this with the set unlugged and with the CRT anode fully discharged.
Good Luck,

- Jim

Posted on Feb 12, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Want to recycle. How do you get clip off picture tube?

Most places will take the set whole--if you are talking about the red lead with a rubber cup on side/top of picture tube=

It is held in with a two piece clip---insert a large flat screwdriver and press first on one side and when it releases pull up and repeat with other side--it is the Anode lead and if set on recently you can get shocked---attach a wire to the screwdriver and touch the connector while the wire at other end is touching gray paint or spring on side of tube which is earth ground.


Apr 24, 2012 | RCA F27678BC 27" TV

1 Answer

The picture wouldn't come up so we opened the back and found a wire that is hanging loose and were not sure where its supposed to go...apparently it looks like it gives power for the picture bulb to work

BE CAREFULL!!! Is it a red wire with a suction cup on the end? If it is, it connects to the top of the picture tube (there is a little hole in the back of the tube at the top). Unplug the set first and under the suction cup you should see two little tabs. Turn the suction cup inside out to expose the little tabs and insert the two little tabs in the hole. You may have to sqeeze them together a little bit. After they are in the hole they should spring out and latch on to the edges of the hole. Let go of the suction cup and allow it to cover the hole and tabs and all. Hope this helps. Thanks and be carefull. This is the high voltage lead.

Oct 28, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Focus the picture on a Model 27GT619 Television

The focus control is on the flyback transformer (Usuallly black or brown with three wires coming out of it. The bigger wire goes to the pix tube with a rubber cap at the end.) The focus control is on the side. There are two. The top is focus. Good Luck!

Jan 13, 2009 | GE 27GT619 27" TV

1 Answer

Seeing red !

I had a television that went to a bright shade of blue.A friends neighbor worked for sony television plant where the new tubes came down the assembly line.His job was to make sure tubes were working fine,if one color was dominant then his job was to smack the front center of the tube with a rubber mallot to fix the problem.He suggested i try that with my tube while the set was on.It worked and solved my blue problem.Apparently he explained,the gun connections in the tube came loose and to fix it was to smack it this caused the connection to reweld itself.For you I would use the palm of an open hand and smack the tube dead center with a good hard smack.Dont be afraid of breaking the glass because its very thick and strong.Give this a try.Hope it helps.Good luck!

Oct 31, 2008 | RCA F25442 25" TV

2 Answers

Tv is sparking and making noise?

Warning: Flyback Transformer Failure. ( extreme high voltage ) 22,000 Volts +

Do not attempt to fix this without another human being present who's trained in CPR.

Thank you for choosing FixYa!
Azkeyz, Wizard Division.

Sep 23, 2008 | Prima CV1311 TV

1 Answer

Sanyo tv making high pitch noise from loose cable connector

The noise is coming from the fly-back transformer. By moving the cable connector you move the main board. Unplug the TV and remove the back. The transformer has a red wire going to a rubber cup at the top of the picture tube. Looking at the transformer you will see a dough nut shape with a metal piece going through it .. Drive some tooth picks between the dough nut and the metal core. That should reduce or stop the ringing.

Apr 21, 2008 | Sanyo DS31520 31" TV

1 Answer

Loss of colour from top of tv purple at the top with a bit of normal picture at the tube going

Good day. It would have been a different scenario if the problem is your tube. The one that your having is a mere problem with the loose contacts in your units circuitry. Also, the terminals of your deflection yoke must be reoldered..


Feb 17, 2008 | Sharp 20F640 20" TV

1 Answer

Disconnecting TV anode

first pull the rubber up then push one side of the pin in and pull up lightly n then do the same thing on the other side n u can get it out. good  luck

Oct 27, 2007 | Philips 27PT543S 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

69878 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6445 Answers


Level 3 Expert

64052 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides