Question about Ahead Software Nero 6.0 (60045) for PC
I am just try to write a cd means most of the times my nero gives the error called power calibration error.
First re install your nero .and
A) Power Calibration is controlled by the recorder. Before any write operation, all recorders must do a 15 step power test to determine the optimum power for writing to the CD; this is called "Optimum Power Calibration"(OPC). And during the write, it continues to do this test to get the best write throughout the whole CD; this is called "Running Optimum Power Calibration" (ROPC). This whole process is controlled by the recorder, though initiated by programs such as Nero. There is an area on the inner part of the CD for the test and test data info to be stored. You can use this area up to 999 times.
So, when you receive the "Power Calibration Error" or "Power Calibration Area full" error message, then the cause will be either poor media, poor Power, or a defective Recorder.
1) A might enable the OPC on this medium
2) Try another brand of CDR or CDRW media.
3) Also try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If this occurs with an External recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. Take the recorder out of the external chassis, and connect it internal, as a test.
4) Try different configurations, such as taking the CDROM to the Primary IDE bus as Slave, and have only the recorder connected to the Secondary IDE bus as Master.
5) Send the recorder in for Service.
Here is the direct Link: http://www.nero.com/en/632181809668074.html#23
I Hope this helps,
Posted on Feb 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 03, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Jul 08, 2009 | Sony Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2009 | Sony DRU 510A DVD±RW Burner
Mar 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Business DVD...
May 25, 2008 | Samsung (SH-M522C/BEBN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM...
Jun 13, 2007 | HP DVD940e Burner
272 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: