- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
the remote has a problem. 1. electronic 2.dirt go to local computer or electronic and get cleaner that is safe for your remote and follow their instructions.make sure you tell them what you want to do. dry air or something.
What concerns me is why do you need a digital board, which cost around $150 or so. I just repaired a rx-v620 that needed the volume and mode crols replaced. These controls affected mant aspects of the digital circuits opperation. Your 420 could have a similar fate. What is it doing?
Sounds like the Zone 2 amp was set to external, see below for instructions on
setting it back up. How do I setup Zone 2 on the RX-V661 Using the internal
Setting the RX-V661 remote control to operate Zone 2 1.
Using a ballpoint pen or similar object and press the Code set button.
The Transmit indicator on the remote should flash twice. 2. Using the
numerical key pad on the remote and key in 9992, the Transmit indicator
You will now need to assign the receivers internal amp for
1. Set the remote control selector to AMP. Selector is on side of remote. 2. Press the
Set Menu Button. 3. Arrow down to Manual Setup. 4. Press the Enter
button. 5. Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press Enter. 6. In the
Sound Menu arrow to Speaker Set and press Enter. 7. Arrow to the EXTRA SP
ASSIGN and select ZONE2. This may require using LEFT or RIGHT arrow. 8. Press the Return button to exit out and return
to the Manual Setup.
if you know how to repair, then replace the volume control switch. it is a digital type/mechanical type of switch with silicone oil on it to prevent sudden turn of volume. if i were the repairman i can simply clean the contacts of the volume control and pour silicon oil again. but i really dont know in your area if they try to clean those.