My sub is making a "heartbeat" noise even with no audio feed. It is plugged in to a surge protector (I tried two different strips that are working with other components). The audio feed is unplugged and it makes a thump-thump on a regular interval. Any idea? Blown fuse?
You need to check your ground connection. If there is a bad ground there will be feedback to the amp and it will just sit there and loop back with the Thump, Thump, Thump sound. I had to wire my amp's ground all the way back to the negative battery terminal. It was a pain but I have never had a problem since :)
I have Bose sound bar that is thump thump thump it's really annoying any one know why
I've checked all connections
I'm running it through the aux to headphone jack
As the optical cable won't give any decent volume
I'm having the exact same issue after several months of use... Every time I turn on my sub, there is a loud Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump which stays at a constant volume, regardless of the volume knob level in the back. Sounds exactly like someone tapping on a loud microphone in perfect timing. I disconnected my audio signal cable completely from the sub and it does it as well... tried different electrical outlets, and different switch positions on the back... auto or not, it still makes the "heartbeat" sound. It does this for about 10 seconds and then goes silent... when everything is connected to the receiver, it will play perfectly for a while and then at random times will break back into the Thump, Thump, Thump.... It drives me crazy... any solutions? Looks like a quality issue.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A power strip is what's used for plugging in multiple appliances to one outlet. A surge protector is different in that it is designed to prevent electrical surges from too many things plugged in, bad weather or lightening. Usually things like air conditioners with heavy motors are plugged into surge protectors.
There could be many problems with your laptopFirst, check if your laptop was plugged into a surge protector (ex. Power Strip). If it wasn't, a surge could destroy the charger, power supply, or even motherboard. Second, try a different charger. If it was the charger that broke, then try a different one. I have had this happen to many off my computers over the years. If it is fried, take it to Staples, or a local computer shop. I would always recommend plugging computers into surge protectors. Good luck!
If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
Please try connecting the TV to a different wall outlet and check if that helps.
If the television is plugged into a power strip
or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector
and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved,
the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the
Please make sure that the videos sources are connected properly to the TV.
Try Power Resetting the TV.
Please disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet (for approximately 1 minute), then reconnect the power cord and check whether the issue is resolved.
Also try connecting the TV to a different wall outlet and check if that helps.
1. Make sure the the surge protector is securely plugged into the wall. Test this by plugging in a light / lamp to it, to make sure it's working. 2. Make sure that the surge protector is turned on. 3. Check to make sure that the power cable from the computer to the power surge protector is securely plugged in. 4. Check to see if the computer will power on now.
5. If this still isn't working, remove the power strip/surge protector and connect the computer directly to the wall.
6. If this STILL isn't working, try plugging your computer into a different outlet in the house to see if the outlet in your home might be bad.
6. If your computer STILL isn't powering on then I'm afraid the worse has happened, which is one of the following issues:
1. Bad power supply (they are cheap, around $20-40) 2. Bad motherboard (they are sort of pricey, around $50-200) 3. Bad CMOS battery (they are cheap, around $5-10)
I can fix all of the above and order parts for all of the above, if you are in need of parts.
I hope this troubleshooting guide helps you! If this resolves your issues, please mark this question as resolved and select my answer. This will assure customers that I can help them with their issues.
the 622 receivers are very sensitive to static electricity build up, if you have been through more than two receivers i would demand having a technician come to your home to check grounding of your dish system, while he is there he will also check the grounding where you plug the receivers in, i suggest not using any surge protectors/power strips and, as debmaldo did, try different outlets, if you have a very high end surge protector, it should be okay but for troubleshooting purposes try a different wall receptacle
First thing to check are signal cables but broken fuse telling me that problem is 99% in sub power supply unit or the amp.If you have a voltmeter and if you KNOW how to do it dissasembly it and check DC voltage on a speaker conntacts.If there is any DC present your amp is worn out.But this can be VERY DANGER because 220/110V is there so if you are not 100%sure that you can do it DON'T!!!