- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Welcome to Fixya. The reason why you can't use the internet or receive a picture message is because you need to save the GPRS and MMS settings of T-mobile on your phone. For the settings you need to contact the so that they can provide you the right settings like the APN the HTTP link and other settings. after you have save the settings you will be able to use the internet on your phone and will be able to send and receive MMS.
On every phone there are settings that can stop you sending texts. However all phones should still receive texts even if all the settings were changed. As the text message is directed to you mobile number you should still be receiving?
When you compose your text and select contact does the phone move them to the out/sent box?
Settings to check for sending are your 'message centre number' (your network provider can supply and they are normally different for pay monthly and pay & go) 'Message sent as' should be 'text' (not fax or email etc).
Text problems are common where people change or delete digits from the message centre number by mistake.
If you cannot receive texts i would recommend speaking to your provider for help as it may be your account details at their end? (beyond your control). Hope that helps?
If this your motorola i855e is a Nextel phone, then not all the features will work very well if you put in a Boost Mobile sim card. Features like Texting, Web browsing are not likely to function very well or at all. Get a Boost phone for a Boost sim card. Cheers.
there are a few reasons that could be causing this.
1. You may have changed the message center routing number.
* Go to messages - options - message setup - text messages - profile - SMS settings(should be check marked, if not select activate) - Customize
* The message center number should be +13123149810(plus must be entered....hold 0 key for plus)
2. Text messaging pay per use has been taken off your account. dial 611 from your phone or 1-866-246-4852 (after hours call 866-801-3600) from another phone for customer service. request pay per use to be added to your phone, or purchase a messaging plan.
These should cover it. Make sure to power you r phone off and on after any changes.
contact your network provider and ask for a sim update and a gprs install message, this will sort the problem, also you may need to change your message service cantre number, here are the following uk ones : Network operatorSMS Centre NumberO2 (Was BT Cellnet / Genie mobile)+447802000332 (contract) +447802092035 (pay as you go) Alt: +447802000334T-Mobile (was One2One)+447958879879Orange+447973100973 Alt: +447973100974Vodafone+447785016005Tesco Mobile+447802092035Virgin+4479588798903 / Three+447782000800
sounds like the service center number may be programed incorrectly. The text messages route through a phone number that should be programed in your phone. Every carrier has a different one.
call customer care for the correct service center number for your carrier.