a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the problem might be your cd drive. the lens may be broken. I suggest you go to a technician and convert your ps2 to harddrive. it loads games much faster and you wont need cd to play games.
also if you want to play games using psp slim here are some tutorials on how to do that.
PART 1PART 2
hope it helps.
How to make your own Playstation 2 stand at home and save $50.
Playstation accessories are expensive and games are even more expensive. Here is a cheap and fun way of making your own inexpensive PS2 stand.
The benefits of this stand are
1) It is light and robust and can be made under $3 or even less ( I really don't know what it would cost I built mine from stuff I had lying around.
2) It is stable and easily supports the weight of the Playstation 2 console without toppling over. This stand enables you to position your playstation in an upright position and helps you save space.
3) It ensures that there is adequate air flow all around your playstation console and keeps it cool. This allows you to game for longer periods of time without your console hanging due to overheating.
Materials that you will require to build your Playstation console stand
1) Phillips head screwdriver 2) Penknife 3) Base of a cd spindle box 4) Adult supervision (if your prone to injuring yourself) 5) One screw that will fit into the base of your PS2 console (check at your hardware store to ensure that it fits correctly and does not damage the threads of where it is supposed to fit. 6) One large metal washer ( inner hole of the washer needs to be small so that the screw can be tightened and doesn't pass through it)
Builing your Playstation 2 console stand
1) take the plastic base of the cd spindle. You need to cut out the pole on which the cd's are placed right at the base. You can do this easily with a pen knife or a hacksaw blade as the plastic is soft. (IMPORTANT: BE PATIENT WHILE CUTTING IT AS YOU COULD CUT RIGHT THROUGH IT AND DAMAGE YOUR BASE)
2) Once it is cut out you should have a hole in the center of the base.
3) Place your PS2 console in an upright position on this base and center it. If the edge of the base plate is elevated then make the appropriate marking and cut out that portion to ensure that the PS2 console fits snugly into it.
4) Now simply use the washer and the screw to fix the base plate to the PS2 console and your done.
5) Place the Console in an upright position and connect all you cables
CONGRATULATIONS YOUR READY TO HAVE HOURS AND HOURS OF FUN AND NOT DAMAGE YOUR PLAYSTATION IN THE BARGAIN.
your cd reader is probably bad,put the disk in and minutes later it says no data or insert ps2 game and always loads to the browser screen.yep the cd reader is bad .you can either buy one off ebay and do it your self or take it to gameswap,gamstop or any other places that refurbishes game consoles,for mine it was around $80 -100 to get it fixed.save up and get a ps3 or buy a new ps2.that my advice
I had the same problem with my ps2. I found a solution that might help you. take a Q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol or water just intil damp. gently clean the eye and the rest of the disk tray. then dry it the other end of the Q-tip. when the eye dirty with dust or a hair or a small speck of paper or plastic from a disk will slow the ps2 down when loading. hope this helps!
Disc Read Error generally means that the game disk cannot be read by your console.
Reasons for Disc Read Error 1. Disk surface scratched or smudged. 2. Disk surface dirty. 3. Lens surface dirty.
Here is what you can try doing.
1. Check the game disc for any scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth.
2. If the PS2 console is lying down, please set the console to on its side or if it's on its side set it to flat position, restart the console and then try game again. Always ensure the PlayStation 2 is in a cool, well ventilated place.
3. Remove and reinsert the Memory card of your PS2, restart the console then try running the game again. Other troubleshooting that you can try.
Change the Disc speed of the PS2 DVD and then try again.
Start the PS2 with no disc in a drive. Press the "triangle" button on the controller. Use the up and down buttons on the controller to select "Playstation Driver” and press the "triangle" button on the controller. Select Disc speed. If it is set to "Fast," select "Standard"; if it is set to "Standard", select "Fast" and press the "X" button on the controller. Press the "O" button on the controller. Insert the game disc and restart the PS2. Try running the game again.
Turn the Diagnosis On for PlayStation2 to auto detect the best settings.
From the Browser and System Configuration menu. Press the triangle button to select Version. Highlight the Console from the list and press the triangle button - this accesses the next menu option. The Diagnosis will be highlighted. Press the X button to access the options available. Highlight "ON" and press the X button to affect the change. Restart the console and try the game again.
If the above steps does do not solve the error then you would probably have to replace the disc.
Note: If you are using the Slim version of PS2 make sure that the console is properly ventilated and that it should always be in the standing position, as the slim version of PS2 no fan or any other cooling unit unlike the normal PS2.