I have an old GE gas range top. I just cleaned the burners and around the burners. Now there is a spark, like the same sound when you light the burners, that is clicking systematically on each burner. It has not let up. Is there anything simple I can do to rectify this?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An user who is expert in 3 categories / brands.
Re: electric spark for gas is non stop after cleaning
Electric spark for gas is non stop after cleaning?
This trouble maybe power supply or inverter boards is defective.
first you can test the voltage of the multr,and then check which part is defective.From Wisiny.com can find those parts
if you have any question,please let us know email:firstname.lastname@example.org,we sincerely hope we can help you!
you can also check this boards whether suit you: 742GL2 715G2538 3 LEG Lenovo ADTV742GL2 Power Supply Backlight Inverter...
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Electric gas igniters sometimes get stuck in one position causing a clicking sound. The clicking sound that you hear is the electric arc that is pulsing from the igniter conductor (wire) to ground (the gas burner). It receives power from the electrical outlet that the stove is plugged into.
Residue from food and sometimes cleaning products may be preventing the igniter from producing a spark (Arc) to the base of the burner. This is a common problem that occurs when the stove has been cleaned or food is allowed to build up. Make sure that the igniter and the burner base are clean and dry. This will help with proper operation. Oven cleaner and a small tooth brush may be used to accomplish this. Another problem with ignition may occur if you have too little (touching) or too much space between the igniter and the base of the burner; it will prevent the burner from igniting. You should only have a little more space than the thickness of a nickel between the burner base and the igniter.
A good “blue” arc from the igniter to the burner base is optimal. If this doesn’t work, you make need to replace the electric igniter module. Good luck.
check the spark head on that particular burner first for dirt,they all need to be clean to recognize the flame after ignition and sense the flame to shut off the sparker module after ignition,and if not you will need to replace the spark module that fires the sparkers itself,but try cleaning sparkers and underneath where the wires connect to the sparkers first for contamination,its cheaper than starting to replace parts
One of your "switches" to your burners is shorting causing unit to spark when in the off mode, or, you may have a bug problem, bugs have made their way into the spark module.
1: if no bug problem, disconnect stove from electricity, lift top up, remove all of the single connections to each switch to top burners(make sure they don't have any bare wires touching the frame), then plug unit back in, if still sparking then replace module.
As far a "popping" do you mean the igniter on the cook top "clicking"? Did you clean the range and use too much water? If water gets into the igniter switches they will short out and constantly click. Also if the polarity at the electrical plug you can get what is called "ghost spark" so make sure that the polarity is correct at the electrical outlet. Each gas control valve has a switch that turns on the igniter when the knob is in a certain position and they are all wired in a sequence. One of those switches may be shorted out or have a loose wire(range dis-assembly required to inspect). Do you visually see a spark at the electrodes of the burners or do the burners ignite? If you cannot see the spark then there may be a grounding issue and possible loose wire.
I think you mean you have a gas range with electric ignition. When you turn a burner to light, all burners should spark. The most common problem is boil overs have happened on those two burners. Take the burner head off for sealed burner ranges and clean them out. For non sealed burners, the little holes toward the center side of the burners need to be cleaned. You don't have a model listed, so I can't be real specific.