I have just purchased a new hard drive. I f something goes wrong with the drive how do I know where to contact maxtor if it is still under gaurantee? I was told to go on the maxtor website and download something but I just cannot see anything regarding this. Could someone please explain to a novice, what I should do..Thank You.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well, I'm not sure why you discarded the old casing. If you recieved a replacment from Maxtor, they would require the drive and case, or your warranty would of been voided. Your not suppose to open those cases. However, now that you have, you can test the drive by just loading it your computer (desktop I'm hoping) as a slave drive. Make sure your pin settings on the other drive is set to master, and add it in. If it works Windows will find it and add it as new hardware. If it doesn't, then their something wrong with the drive. I'd call whomever you purchased it from.
This is a common problem, most of the AC cords for these devices cannot be purchased seperately.
You have 2 basic options:
1. Purchased a used model of the same model # off eBay or a similar Auction site and use it's AC cord
2. Take the drive as is into your local computer store and purchase a new External drive caddy which will include it's own AC adapter(usually $30-$50) and ask their technicians to move you maxtor drive into the new caddy. There is one thing they will need to no, what type of HDD it is, SATA or IDE but if you do not know they will be able to tell as soon as they open the maxtor shell.
Either way you should be able to access all of your files, just a question of seeing which way will be cheaper and easier for you. I generally recommend the second method as the new shell will come with it's own warranty should something fail which used parts generally do not.
You cannot download drivers/software for the Maxtor Mini at the above URL. When you select the Maxtor Mini, you're redirected to a contact form you have to fill out just to get the software. Pretty lame on Seagate's part! I'll think twice before purchasing anything else from them.
DMR-E80H Hard drive problem seems to pretty common. My drive started making the famaous kerchunk noise tonight. After disassembly I see the drive is a ATA133 Maxtor drive....are you sure that you replaced it with the correct drive? I may contact Maxtor and try to get an RMA since the drive is only 3yrs old.