- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems that after your friend made it a bootable pendrive, he/she did not format it.The space has been used up by the installation files in the flashdrive,and these files may be hidden.This is likely to be the case with some command-line utilities for making bootable flashdrives.
To recover your space, simply format your USB pendrive.To do so on Windows XP,insert the flashdrive into your PC, go to My Computer, right-click the USB pendrive,and in the window that appears, click the tools tab and select the Format option.
That should solve your problem.
Making a Bootable USB of Windows XP is quite simple, please consider the following:
Go to download.com and download UltraISO as shareware then install it on your PC,
After installing run the program please locate your ISO file of Operating System, the Windows XP, by simply going to Open then look for the file. And do insert your USB on PC as your target in creating a pendrive,
Then go to Bootable Menu and hit Write. Just simply follow instructions and everything would be in order.
I hope I provided you with some helpful ideas about your problem.
ok this should be simple, While your computer starts to boot, before windows screen, keep pushing F2 to enter the bios setup. Set it to boot from usb first under boot order. Also make sure boot from usb is enabled under advanced
plug in your your pan drive in usb then after take windows xp bootable cd put in your cd drive & boot from the cd rom drive
then after set will be start then after setup select partion option come during the installlation so select ther your pan dive drive
then after setup will format your pan drive then after finesh the full installation of the xp then after redey ur xp in pandrive
try & enjoy make shoure ur pan drive capsity mustbe higher then 2gb
1. Windows Xp installation disk 2. Access to PC with working CD Cd-ROM DVD drive. 3. This file solution.rar
This guide is for people with basic knowledge of PC hardware and system software Let's start.
1. Download solution.rar file 2. Unpack solution.rar file on drive C, you should have a folder named C:\Dos 3. Put your pendrive ( at least 1GB) into working PC USB port 4. Go to the folder C:\Dos and run HpUSBformat.exe file - it should auto detect wyour pendrive disk, if not select form the list ( my pendrive is a drive G: ) - set other options like on the image below and click start.
- now you have a pendrive with bootable dos on it. 5. Copy all other files from C:/Dos to your pendrive. ( you can overwrite existing ones) - your pendrive should look like that
6. Put your Windows Xp installation disk into Cdrom and copy all files from CD to pendrive.