- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you need to set up your scan to option.
this can be done from the hp software
open solution center click settings then scan settings
from there select scan to set up
a window will open and then click on front panel destination list
once again a window will open with a double pane on the left side is your short cut options click on them one at a time click add then once satisfied with options click update the device or ok
if it fails to update reset the printer and try those steps again, or re install just the drivers
if the same message appears then check the settings on your firewall
This happens mainly when you try to scan from the printer ; Always try to scan from HP solution center but still here is the resolution: Open Hp Solution center Click on Settings Click on scn settings click on Scan to Setup Select all the option available to updrade the Front panel menu list and click on ADD Click on Update; Restart the computer and the printer and try to scan. It should resolve the issue.
Connect the printer directly to the wall outlet and
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the connection port.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord
Uninstall everything that has to do with your old HP printer, drivers, photo processing, etc. Reinstall software with J4580 printer. That should open HP Digital Imaging Monitor where you can set scanning options. Plug printer into the back opf your computer. Plug power supply directly into the wall socket.