Question about Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
I have a problem with my cd's after burning songs to them..I take my cd out of my PC and play it on a CD Player. The first 3 to 4 songs are usually clear and sound good..But..all songs after the 3rd or 4th one are distorted, pops and snaps and sounds scratchy..I thought it was my speed I originally had my burning speed at 24X went down to 16X, but still the same thing..Can you please tell me what I can do, If anything, on my own to repair or fix this problem without having to buy a new burner. Thank You for any help you can provide for me.........Joy
There are various things that can be done here. You'll need to make sure somethings first before we conclude there might be a defective with your burner:
- Music quality: if you burn audio you should always looks for high quality files, In case of MP3: search files with at least 192 kbp/s of bitrate. If there are files with higher bitrate, they are better. Here is a overview of speeds and there quality:
96 kbp/s: FM Quality
128 kbp/s: Low CD Quality
160 kbp/s: Higher CD Quality
192 kbp/s: High CD Quality
220 kbp/s: Better Quality
320 Kbp/s: Studio Quality.
Note that files with a higher bitrate use up more space on your harddisk. For example: 320 kbp/s is usually between 8 and 12 MB's. (Depending on song length).
- Overburn: Do not overburn CD's. If it says it's almost full. Don't force a overburn.
- Disc Media: Make sure your disc are of decent quality. The less known formats/cheap ones are usually not that good.
- Your PC: While burning, don't do too much with the PC. It's best to let it burn and do nothing.
- Speeds: always use only speeds the discs are capable of and preferably less then indicated, For example: disc says 52x, use something link 32x
I hope this helps out. Let me know if these hints worked.
You can always update your burner's firmware but you'll need to tell me something more about it. Like: what model is it, what brand etc.
Have you also checked whether the lens on your CD player is OK?
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2013 | Dell Inspiron Zino HD Desktop Computer...
Feb 04, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 24, 2010 | 1981 Yamaha XJ 650
Nov 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Apr 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2007 | Kenwood DP-J2070 CD Player
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!