- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
or blown capacitors. Look on circuit board for domed, bulging or
leaking capacitors. USE CAUTION!! high voltage capacitors can
electrocute you. They should be properly discharged before working on
If your brand of TV does not respond to the remote control after trying all of the codes listed, or if your brand is not listed at all, try searching for your code.
1. Turn on your TV.
2. Press and hold SETuntil the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter in 9 - 9 - 1. The Red Light will blink twice.
4. While pointing the remote control at the TV and press and release the CH + key until the TV turns off. (Note: You may need to press [CH+] numerous times).
NOTE: In the search mode, the remote control will send IR codes from its library to the TV.
5. Press SETonce to lock in the code. The Red Light will blink twice.
I had the same problem. I have the 40 inch Proscan and they supplied a remote control guide for comcast. It was only 4 digits and it did not work. I called Comcast and they did not know. I found it needed 5 digits so I added a 1 and it worked The code is 10178. Hope it works for you.
look in your guide and check the programming procedure for finding an unknown code. it's usually turn the tv on and go into a search mode on the remote and start hiting a button till the tv goes off and then you have just found the code. good luck.
I was having the same issue with a Samsung 4053 40"
Comcrap had no clue.
Their phone rep suggested I come in and trade out the remote. That seemed unlikely if others are having the same experience. It is also unlikely a phone rep would have any answer other than what on the web page.
I used 5 digit code "10060" and it worked got the double flag from the remote like Comcast's documentation says. It turns TV on and off and works volume. So far so good.
The key to figuring it out was getting the double flash on the remote 4 digits didn't 5 did.
The moral of our story? Comcast has no clue what they push out the door. I guess that isn't a surprise to anyone.