"I did some research online and the recurrent theme was a bad turbine assembly. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself which took about 2 hours (some reading) and little effort. The problem was with the turbine which is fairly simple and had a bearing that had rusted and froze up. Removing the cover proved to be more difficult than fixing the stuck bearing. This was mostly due to figuring out the correct screws to remove and finally discovering that the back of the cover (over the wheels) is not secured by fasteners but by pegs that "pop" out.
Once I had the brush assembly and Cover removed the turbine came out with the removal of some obvious screws and gently pulling the hoses from the assembly. After carefully opening the assembly housing I discovered the bearing problem and with a little lubrication and some new grease had it working in short order. Putting everything back together was simple as well."
this worked for me. although once i got in i just had to mess around with the gears and loosen them up. getting in was the hard part soo here you go peoples.
take off tanks
unscrew 6 screws fom underneath machine. look carefully
just underneath where the dirty tank goes right by the part that sucks everything up is a screw. unscrew it
pop off the switch for your spin scrub mode. it pops right back on.
make sure your locks for the tank are turned in
then the back just pops off. you might have to give it a good tug. there are no screws although it maight look like there is.
then pull off the grey part.
once inside it is pretty easy.
but if you have any questionbs email at email@example.com
i took off so many more screws than i needed to to get this figured out so dont do that.