I just got my REFURB Sansa e250 off of Amazon 2 days ago. I'm having a problem first of all getting it added to hardware. I keep getting "Cannot add this device" And it won't sync at all with my windows media player 11. Please Help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try reflashing the firmware for your device you can find the latest firmware and flashing utilities from the SanDisk website. Make sure that you back your music up first because when you do this you are setting it back to factory settings.
try using windows media player to transfer the music...here's how
1.Update WMP to version 10 or 11
2.goto sync tab and yoyc player must be detected.
3.create a playlist of songs you want to transfer
4.click on start sync to transfer music to your player.
1. Make sure you Windows Media Player 11 (Goto Help --> About WMP --> v??)
2. If you do not have it, install it from this location: http://www.microsoft.com/mediaplayer
3. Change the Mode on Device: Go into Menu --> Settings --> USB Mode:Auto Detect/MTP/MSC
4. Select MSC and it should work. If it does not try Powercycling your device (turn it off and then turn it on).
5. Try other modes as well.
Hi Janworks4u. Question for you... Did your mp3 work fine with WMP 10? I ask because WMP 11 is known for causing problems w/mp3 players. You can try reverting to WMP 10 to see if that fixes your problem. To do this:
click START, click on CONTROL PANEL, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS (look at the top center of the Add or Remove Programs box that pops up for a little square you can click on that says "show updates." Click that box and then scroll down to WMP 11. Click to change/remove. A box will pop up confirming that you will revert to WMP 10. NOTE THIS WILL NOTE DELETE ANYTHING FROM YOUR COMPUTER! All of your music that is in WMP 11 will still be there in WMP 10!
Now you can try to load your songs back on through WMP 10 and hopefully it'll work for you. Good luck!
I'v had problems with my Sansa 280r (I think)... everything was working fine for about two years and then I recently tried adding a new playlist and everything went funny.. WMP would only see it in MCS mode and not in MTP which is the wrong way around and when I sync everything appeared to work fine until I disconnected it and there was nothing on the player. So I hooked it back up, tried sysc again but it said that all the songs were already onn the device yet it was still empty when I unhooked it.
I tried everything from uninstalling it in Device Manager to reformatting it but nothing worked... Looked for drivers on San Disk but there are none.
Anyway, I had actually given up and was looking at new MP3's on the San Disk site and I noticed a link to download WMP 11... I kinda thought I had that version already but rather than even checking, I hit the download button... My sansa has been 100% ever since... I reckon I must have lost or damaged some files or components and it was affecting how WMP was interacting with the SANSA.
If your having any problems with your Sansa, these are the steps I would try.
1) Put the device iin MCS mode (Settings/USB Mode/MCS)
2) Hook it up to your computer and double click 'My Computer'
3) The player should show up here as a drive... Right click and select 'Format' (Personally I used the long format... not sure why but it doesnt take long)
4) Disconnect the player
5) Download WMP11 and restart your PC
6) Change your USB mode on the player to MTP
7) Open WMP and connect the MP3... You should see it straight away as a new device and it will ask you to name it (Delete any old references in WMP that you used to use as this is a new "partnership" your setting up... Just right click the old name and select 'End Sync Partnership)
Hope this helps... If not you someone else somewhere... Pain teaches well !!!!!
As I like MTP mode a lot better than MSC (I can use WinAmp to sync and it doesn't have to restart and refresh its database after disconnecting) I didn't like a lot of the solutions to this and similar problems telling to go to MSC mode.
However, I was able to go into Device Manager (right click on My Computer, click Properties, select "Hardware" tab, click Device Manager) and find the Portable Devices sublist, right click on "Sansa e280" (it had a yellow exclamation point on it) and click install driver. I followed this through, selecting automatic installation for the driver, and presto! Sansa is installed and ready to go. I actually had Windows Media Player open during this process, and while it wouldn't recognize it before, after doing this process, I went back to WMP and it had already found it and was trying to get me to sync it. So if you like MTP, try this. It worked for me.
(Note: this method may not work, unless you tried to plug the player in and it told you that there was an error in setting up the device. My problem was that I had installed WMP 11, but had not done the final "setup" process. After I had run WMP 11 for the first time, I was able to do this successfully).
Get the latest firmware upgrade - this player wasn't originally designed with WMP 11 in mind. Also, make sure the laptop has the folders "My Documents" and "My Music" on it - this is primarily where WMP reads from.