Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Hp deskjet 952c ( with no disk and no instr. manual) and compaq presario 5715 computer. Problem: printer will not print from computer. error message says"error writing to lpt1. problem sending document to printer". Have tried using hp website recommendations- no luck. any advice?
Thank you for your response, just try the following solution, wont take much of your time.
1. Check if the printer is plugged in properly. Confirm that printer power plug is connected to the printer and plugged into a live power outlet. After the printer is plugged in, the printer switches on automatically. There is no power button on the printer.
If the printer will not operate, see "The printer will not operate after it is plugged in"
2. This problem may arise if the printer and the computer are not connected properly. Ensure that the power cord and printer cable are securely connected.
3. Another possible reason to this problem is the operation of the print spool. If the print spool is not operating correctly, cancel print spooling and print with the print data sent directly to the printer.
Follow the procedures below:
A. Open the Printer Properties dialog box directly from the Start button.
B. Click the Spool Settings button on the Details tab and select "Print directly to the printer."
4. Ensure that the printer port (LPT1) is functioning properly.
Check the status of the printer port:
A. Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
B. Click the Device Manager tab. Double-click Ports on the Device Manager tab then double-click Printer Port (LPT1).
C. Check information about problems with the port in Device Status in the General tab.
D. Click the Resources tab and check Conflicting devices. For information on how to delete a conflicting device, refer to the user's manual for the device.
5. Installation of printer driver may cause this problem as well. There may be a problem with the printer driver. Remove the printer driver and reinstall it.
6. Check whether there is a WPS (Windows Printing System) driver installed on your computer. You may not be able to print correctly if a WPS driver is installed.
A. Click Start, Settings, then Printers.
B. If a WPS driver is installed, open the WPS driver Properties dialog box by right-clicking its icon and selecting Properties from the pop up menu. In the Details tab, check the "print to the following port" setting.change the WPS driver port setting to FILE or uninstall the WPS driver.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Your post/description "error writing to LPT1" indicates that the HP Deskjet 952c has been configured to be connected to the printer/parallel port. If you are not using this and instead the USB connections, what needs to be done is to change the printer port to USB. Additionally, the USB driver of the PC should also have been installed (if it still uses Windows 98) and verified that it does not have any yellow or red marks in the Control panel.
If on the other hand, your printer and PC are hooked up using the parallel port, what needs to be done is to set the LPT1/Parallel settings in the BIOS/CMOS. to enter the CMOS/BIOS, on restart or power up, press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup. On certain Compaq Presario PCs (prior to 2002) press the F10 key at the logo screen to enter setup. Look for Parallel or LPT1 settings. Choices would be ECC, ECP, EPP, Normal or something like that. You need to try different settings and find out which one will work. Of course it has to be saved, exit and reboot then test. If a no go, try the next choice.
Additionally, should you need the drivers and manual for the HP Deskjet 692c, please click on the link. A friendly reminder, drivers are OS specific.
Hope this be of help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
To resolve this situation try the following:
1) re-install a driver. Goto HP.com and download a anew driver. COmpletly uninstall the old one.
2) Force your deskjet to run a self test...disconnect the cable from the PC...power off the unit...hold down the print button...turn unit back on.
3) try a new cable
4) Download a manual here
I hope you are up and printing soon.
Good luck to you my friend,
Seek PC Repair
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2012 | HP Compaq Presario S4000V (P8655P#ABA) PC...
May 01, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5005 (470014-507) PC...
Mar 02, 2011 | Compaq Presario CQ5320F PC Desktop
Oct 12, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario SR1230NX (PJ518AA) PC...
You can download the printer drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB
support/download page. Make sure you select your model printer and the XP or
Vista Windows version of the drivers you require and install them. Click on
this link to download the drivers: -
Oct 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario SR2013WM (RE468AA#ABA)...
Apr 17, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Feb 20, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1503wm PC Desktop
Jul 02, 2008 | HP Compaq dc5700 Microtower - Free Flat...
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!