When I try to manually turn the channel the station number changes in the upper right hand corner but the tv stays on the same station. The remote control has all features working except the channel changing. HELP
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your TVs settings. Check if channel skip option in on. If it is on, this type of fault occur. Turn it to off if it is in on condition. If the blue back screen option is there, just turn it on to avoid grains on unused channels.
I do not believe that such a device exists, however I do have some options for you:
1) get a magnifying window to put in the corner where the number is to magnify that section for your father.
2) Have TV repair shop install a signal to voice converter to take the number generated signal and convert it to a voice so that way the changing of the channel will be heard as a voice as opposed to a number.
3) Have the number geometry changed by a TV repair shop with the ability to reprogram the EEPROM that controls the number generation circuit.
I hope these suggestions give you some idea of what is possible.
I would venture a guess that your tuner is not at fault but most probably the logic circuits controlling it since as you posted, you can tune > get a good picture but "channel numbers in the upper right hand corner ...."
If your intention is to use the VCR and thereafter change channel using the VCR, you may use the Audio/Video input.
With an RCA 3 cable connector, connect the (Yellow) Video out, (Red/White) L/R Audio out of the VCR to the Video in &L/R Audio in of the TV. You don't need to set the TV to Ch 3 but rather select Video 1 or 2 or A/V.
Hope this be of some help/idea to you. Post back how things are or should you need further information.
Good luck and kind regards