Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Hi, I have a trouble , the button start locked my clothes locked inside washer duet whirlpool - model ghw-9200lq
can i help me to learn me how open the front pannel to replace de button
thanks a lot
If you suspect you have a defective door latch, you should be getting an error code of "Fdl" displayed on the console as well. This may just be a matter of a malfunction where the latch became jammed. You can still get your clothes out of the washer by removing the lower panel under the door. There are 3 torx type screws under the bottom edge of the panel. After removing the panel, place your hand inside the washer behind the front casing where the door latch assembly is. Try to locate a plastic tab at the very bottom of the door latch and pull straight down. This is a manual door release and the door will open, allowing you to retrieve your clothes. With the door opened, try closing it again. Select a wash cycle and push start. Listen to see if you can hear the latch lock. Push PAUSE/CANCEL to stop the cycle and listen to hear if the latch unlocks when the cycle stops. If you definitely have a defective door latch, follow these steps to replace it:
1. Unplug washer.
2. Remove the outer portion of the door bellow. This is the gray rubber boot around the door. Feel around the edge of the door bellow where it attaches to the front of the washer. You will find a wire retaining hoop in the seam between the rubber and the front case. Follow this wire hoop to the bottom of the door bellow and you will find a tension spring. Carefully, stretch this spring apart and remove the wire hoop.
3. Pull the rubber bellow from the door facing on the front of the washer being careful not to rip or tear it. Once removed, fold the rubber backwards inside the drum so you can access behind the front panel. DO NOT remove the rubber bellow from the wash tub. This requires more steps, which means removing more parts, which means more time (plus patience).
4. The door latch assembly is located behind the front panel of the washer on the right hand side. Locate and remove the three screws on the washer front that hold the door latch assembly in place. The whole assembly should come free from the washer front and be held by a plastic mounting bracket and several wire connectors.
5. Carefully remove the latch assembly from the plastic mounting bracket BEFORE attempting to unplug any wires. It makes it much easier to access if you do.
6. Unplug the wire connectors using care not to break any of the wires. You may want to write them down, but I believe they will only plug into their respective slots.
7. Remove the old door latch and install the new one in the reverse order of the steps I just presented to you. Plug the wires back in first, then place the whole assembly back into the plastic mounting bracket, and then reattach to the front of the washer.
8. Now, when you get the reinstalling the rubber door boot, you may want to get the assistance of a second pair of hands as it can be difficult sometimes to manipulate the wire retainer back into place. Carefully reattach the rubber bellow to the door facing on the front of the washer first.
9. Starting at the top of the door bellow at the 12 o'clock position begin inserting the wire hoop back into the groove. Work your way around with both hands to the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. (This is where you could use those second pair of hands). While holding a slight downward tension on the wire hoop to keep it in place, pull the tension spring apart enough to snap the remaining part of the hoop into place at the bottom.
Once you've completed these steps make sure the door closes and latches properly. NEVER slam a door with an electronic latch. They can break easily.
Now plug the washer back in. At the control panel select:
and under OPTIONS press any key (has the be the same key) 4 times.
This places the washer into diagnostics mode. "C00" will be displayed on the screen and you should hear a distinctive "click" of the door latch. If diagnostics passes, the washer will run through a series of tests, tumble, drain and then spin. When completed, the unit will make an audible "beep" and the CLEAN light will be lit.
You can stop this process at any time by press the PAUSE/CANCEL button. Good luck to you and let me know if you have any further questions.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Feb 14, 2010 | Whirlpool GHW9400 Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 04, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jul 12, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 30, 2008 | Whirlpool Gold Duet GHW9400P 3.8 Cu. Ft....
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: