Question about Toshiba SDV593 DVD Player / VCR Combo
My toshiba SD-V593 DVD/VCR player displays a message no disc found even though there is a disc in there. Do you have any ideas as to how this can be fixed? Thank you
Most DVD players that would not recognize and/or play a disc even with a known good disc inside signifies that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak, dirty/dusty burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves) or some other components.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2011 | Toshiba SD-3980 DVD Player
Jan 13, 2010 | Toshiba SD-V392 DVD Player/VCR
Sep 18, 2009 | Toshiba SD-V392 DVD Player/VCR
Dec 29, 2008 | Toshiba D-VR4 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 29, 2008 | Toshiba SD-3980 DVD Player
Oct 21, 2007 | Toshiba SD-K850
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: