Question about Toshiba SDV593 DVD Player / VCR Combo
My toshiba SD-V593 DVD/VCR player displays a message no disc found even though there is a disc in there. Do you have any ideas as to how this can be fixed? Thank you
Most DVD players that would not recognize and/or play a disc even with a known good disc inside signifies that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak, dirty/dusty burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves) or some other components.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2011 | Toshiba SD-3980 DVD Player
Jan 13, 2010 | Toshiba SD-V392 DVD Player/VCR
Sep 18, 2009 | Toshiba SD-V392 DVD Player/VCR
Dec 29, 2008 | Toshiba D-VR4 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 29, 2008 | Toshiba SD-3980 DVD Player
Oct 21, 2007 | Toshiba SD-K850
Aug 10, 2007 | Toshiba SD-V57HT System
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: