Question about Denon AVR-2802

1 Answer

Denon AVR 3802

I have a 120v transformer in my Denon, but as I live in England I need a 240v transformer to run it. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one, or do you know of an equivalent transformer that would be suitable? Many thanks Garry.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Quarkstar
    Quarkstar Feb 09, 2008

    Thank you Palm beach! A prompt and usefull reply.

  • Quarkstar
    Quarkstar Feb 09, 2008

    Ah, do you mean I can get a step down transformer from maplins, because I`m actually looking for an internal replacement? Thanks Quarkstar.

  • Quarkstar
    Quarkstar Feb 10, 2008

    Hi Helen, thank you for your reply, it is most useful and cautionary! regards Garry.



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 185 Answers

Hi there

You can easily obtain a suitable transformer here.....

Hope this helps.....

Posted on Feb 09, 2008

  • Palmbeach
    Palmbeach Feb 09, 2008

    Hi Garry

    Thanks for the Fixya.

    It is possible that there is an internal or external voltage selector. Consult the manual if you have one, or perhaps go to the Denon site and download one.

    Or if you are technically minded you may be able to rewire the primary of the transformer for 230vac.

    It will be difficult to find a direct internal new replacement. You could try contacting Denon UK themselves.

    The likelyhood is, that there will be several secondary tappings on the low voltage side of the internal transformer. Finding an off-the-shelf transformer that corresponds to the existing secondary tappings and that will physically fit will not be easy.

    A word of caution, mains voltages can be lethal, so be careful!





1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How can I fix my denon avr-5800 receiver?. it blew when I connected to 240v instead of 120v

Highly unlikely you can fix it. An overvoltage like that at the least fried the power transformer inside. If on the off chance nothing leaked through to the circuit board while the transformer was literally melting down (the windings) inside, if you could get the part and swap it, maybe it would work again.

The risk of that is another failure even at the right voltage because it is more likely the protective circuits were also fried, along with most of the logic chips and other things.

I assume there was a bang and some smoke or at least a good amount of acrid smoke. That usually is a sign of 'toast'. Very likely it would be cost ineffective to repair.

Sep 14, 2017 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Main transformer voltage

Google the complete model number of your "amplituner" and see if a schematic is available from the parts suppliers or if a complete schematic is available from Denon..

Dec 26, 2012 | Denon AVR-1604 Receiver

1 Answer

Transformer hum in avr 3806

That is a very safe assumption.

Jul 12, 2012 | Denon AVR-3806 Receiver

1 Answer

Can you describe characteristics of Denon avr 3805 standby transformer?

The standby transformer supplies 12volt AC at 300mA current.

Jun 01, 2011 | Denon AVR-3805 Receiver

2 Answers

Denon AVR-1600 Power supply problem (115V)

I have schematic in PDF file I convert to JPG still over 150KB I can not see properly with JPG format I do not know how to post it to you
Any way check in STBY PCB you must have 5.6V STBY that voltage supply to CPU or system control when you turn on the relay will switch AC line to the big transformer now if any thing wrong with the regulator or output or output drive it will shutdown automatic and the red LED will blinking indicated some thing wrong
Give me exactly location of the component in STBY PCB the small transformer TR?? C?? or R?? with voltage? connector number such as J ??
The service manual is about 20MB

Dec 04, 2008 | Denon AVR-1603 Receiver

1 Answer

Denon avr 3000

Anyone want to buy a working Denon AVR-300?

Dec 01, 2007 | Denon AVR-2106 Receiver

1 Answer

Power transformer burnt out

Transformers are safety components. They need to be replace with exact parts. So unless you can find the same thing cheaper online, you will have to pay the price. Unless you want to burn your house down!
Try looking for "Denon replacement parts".
That might come up with cheaper suppliers. Also try E-Bay, perhaps for a none working model of your receiver. As long as the transformer is working it doesn't matter what else is gone on it.

Nov 26, 2017 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Denon AVR-2802 Logo

Related Topics:

182 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Denon Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5554 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75846 Answers

Are you a Denon Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides