I got my first blc30a registered with viewnetcam OK months ago. The second one won't register and I dont know why. I have added user defined apps to my broadband modem to open the port to the one the camera needs, disabled the McAfee firewall temporarily and even end tasked on McAfee. It always says;
"failed to access test from the internet"
The camera works fine locally using ethernet cable or wireless link. Should I return it? Is the viewnetcam.com service not working?
Re: Cannot register 2nd BLC30a with viewnetcam.com
RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING INFO FROM A PANASONIC REP IN TORONTO PERTAINING TO SETTING UP A SECOND CAMERA:
"THE FIRST CAMERA MUST NOT BE AT ADDRESS XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.253 (EXAMPLE 192.168.1.253). DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SETTING UP THE SECOND CAMERA:
1. CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS OF THE FIRST CAMERA THROUGH STATIC SETUP (EXAMPLE 192.168.1.252)
2. DISCONNECT THE FIRST CAMERA FROM THE NETWORK PRIOR TO SETTING UP THE SECOND CAMERA. (THE FIRST CAMERA WILL GRAB A NEW ADDRESS THROUGH DHCP THE NEXT TIME IT IS CONNECTED).
THE REASON FOR DOING ONE OF THE ABOVE IS THAT THE FIRST CAMERA IS PROBABLY STILL AT AN IP ADDRESS ENDING IN 253. A NEW OR FACTORY RESET CAMERA WILL WANT TO GRAB THE SAME ADDRESS AND CAUSE AN IP CONFLICT ON YOUR NETWORK.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To access your camera from the Internet you will need to configure uPnP (or configure port forwarding manually) and register with some kind of dns service like viewnetcam (or know your home's external IP address assigned by your Internet Service Provider).
1. To configure uPnP on your camera, look in the network settings for an automatic network configuration option - this will trigger the camera to talk to your router using uPnP to set up port forwarding. The default for one camera is to use port 80 for the outside port and something like 192.168.1.253 for the internal network address (internal to your home only). uPnP will try to configure the second and third cameras to external ports 50000 or 50001. My router failed to configure the 3rd camera so I had to manually add a port forwarding option from my router's admin pages. To note, you can configure all port forwarding manually from within the router admin pages. Just list the internal network address to your camera (like 192.168.2.253) and specify a different port for each camera (like 50000 to 50000). You can then access your camera by typing in 192.168.2.253:5000
2. Then, you should register with viewnetcam.com. Adding your cameras on viewnetcam will give you access to them from outside your house without you having to know the IP address to your home network. You will simply type in your viewnetcam url with ":" and the port number (like username.viewnetcam.com:50000).
Note: When trying to access your camera from outside your home (or even pinging your router from outside your home), you need to know the IP address of your home. This is assigned by your Internet Service Provided and can change every time you reboot your modem. Services like viewnetcam keep track of the IP address to your home and update it automatically when it changes (your camera will communicate with Viewnetcam servers occasionally to update the IP address). All you have to remember is one constant URL (the viewnetcam url) and you can get to your cameras!
you can do it from the link above, or when you install skype and run it for the first time it offers you to register an account. If you closed the windows by accident you can press 'Don't have a sykpe name' on the welcome to skype windows to register
ok i have tried to connect to it . yes its says it cant be found . try recreating the link using a diffrnt name .example > (koswemin1.viewnetcam.com) also make sure that you are spelling everything the same way as when you created the account.. if anything is diffrent it will say can not be found.
Ok, so before registring, you nee to download skype and install it. So first of all go on Skype.com download and install the program and you will automaticly entering a wizard that will give you all the instructions and information you need.