Question about Dell 1600n All-In-One Laser Printer
Hmmm..maybe it's a left over from Y2K, or Y20004?..Just kidding..The RTC(Real Time Clock) settings on most printers, are preset with a drop down date, which can be managed in the CMOS. Menu has that option, under settings. However, why it's not holding the time after turn off, is most likely a function of the CMOS battery, as you've figured out.
However, that battery is on the controller board, and is usually swapped out as part of the board replacement. I'm sure, if you open up the unit(takes a few steps), you can find a part number on that battery(should be on extreme lower left of the board). Finding an exact replacement, form, fit, and function, is another thing.
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2015 | Washing Machines
Dec 06, 2014 | 1993 Buick LeSabre
Jan 18, 2014 | Sony ICFC218 Clock Radio
Alarm Clock Radio
1) Plug clock in before making any adjustments.
2) If using on East Coast- Do nothing! Time and date are set to EST- Daylight Savings time is 'On". Clock is ready to use.
3) If using in time zones other than EST. Hold the clock with LCD facing you. Lean clock back and find small button on bottom right marked P-M-C-E. Hold for 2+ sec. LCD will blink the time zone. Press button again until LCD blinks the correct time zone, CST, MNT, PACIFIC.
4) Daylight Savings time- Default is always on. If you are in a zone that does not recognize daylight savings time. Hold the clock facing you, lean clock back and on bottom left is a small button marked D. Hold 2+ seconds and the LCD will blink ON. Press again and LCD will blink OFF. Daylight savings time is now OFF.
5) If power goes out, clock will retain time and alarm will sound if in the ON position.
6) Replace batteries once every year...!
7) If clock looses time or date:
a. Hold Volume +, and Tuner + at same time for 3 seconds
b. Clock face will blink year
c. Turn outer ring of alarm to set Year
d. Press Tuner + once, turn outer ring to set Month
e. Press Tuner + once, set Day
f. Press Tuner +, set Hour
g. Press Tuner +, set Min.
h. Press Tuner + to save all settings.
You must go through all set points to have them remain in memory. (have to run thru all a - h, can't set just Day or Hour/Min, etc. without starting with Year)
Any questions please call:
Synergy Global Supply
Oct 23, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 10, 2011 | Audiovox Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 10, 2011 | Pioneer Car Audio & Video
Mar 17, 2011 | Seth Thomas Radio-Controlled Howard Wall...
Mar 01, 2011 | Intermatic T104 24h 208-277v Mechanical...
Mar 16, 2009 | Emerson Smartset Clock Radio
Jun 07, 2017 | Coby CR-A77 Clock Radio
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!