Question about Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave does not cook

I think the magnatron is defective. Is there any kind of reset?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Magic Chef Master
  • 8,820 Answers

The magnetron should have a thermostat or some other kind of heat protection device on it, but if it is activated, it will open up the power line, making the oven truly dead until it cools down.

So if it's dead, it may be a fuse or a thermal cutout / thermostat.

Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:

- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose connection on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part (such as a shorted diode)

If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Mar 04, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

My microwave oven (Sharp R-9h58) is working sometime fine and sometime not heating. What will be the problem?

Posted on Jun 17, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The microwave comes on and seems to cook but does not cook . It makes a very loud humming noise and the turntable goes around but there is no heat to cook anything.


you either have a bad magnatron, that is trying to heat but won't or you could have a capacitor or diode (rectifier) that is bad. if you order a magnatron replace capacitor and diode (rectifier)

Feb 24, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave turns on but doesn't cook


There is an inline fuse that is accessed by removing the outer casing. Follow the power line in to the magnatron and you should see the fuse. Make sure the fuse that you replace it with is the same as the one you removed. If this doesnt work then the magnatron has gone out.

Dave

Mar 31, 2010 | Kenmore 80012 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Spacemaker XL1800 runs but doesn't heat.


I think you should check the fuse first that runs the magnatron if the fuse is good that means the magnatron is bad! but if its only the fuse then you save time and money!

Jan 21, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Quit heating


This is a sure sign that the Magnatron has burnt out and needs replaced ( This is what cooks the food!) Replace magnatron in oven unit and all should work well!
Please rate my response!
THANK YOU!

Jan 11, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Oven turns off


Hi,

You are running the risk of damaging the Magnatron by doing this.

Check the packets you are using, you will have to reduce your power output.

This is because microwaves act by being absorbed by water. There is very little in popcorn and in fat. Once this has been evaporated, the microwave energy builds up (as it is still being produced - but not absorbed), and ends up cooking the magnatron itself.

I have seen countless posts on here after cooking popcorn!

More fun on the hob anyway - and cheaper to buy in bulk!

Jun 21, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Micowave power


Either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Replace the capacitor and diode then if still not working, replace the magnatron. Its only affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!

Feb 05, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating up


Magnatron is suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"

Jan 03, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave


Magnatron is suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing the magnatron. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"

Jan 01, 2008 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave


Magnatron is suspect. Need to put a voltmeter on the input (primary) side to the high-voltage transformer (big heavy iron thing in there) Should be getting 120Vac when it goes to cook cycle. Don't touch the other (high voltage) side of this transformer. If the power is there, you are looking at replacing the magnatron. Its affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"

Jan 01, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven Logo

262 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Magic Chef Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a Magic Chef Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...