Question about Televison & Video
Your posted description is indicative that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, your post for Service Center might be your best bet. Unfortunately to my knowledge, your product was manufactured in China and the US carrying company is out of business, hence no official service center. It was Mintek Digital Inc. of Anaheim, Calif.
Should you still want old info:
Address: 4915 E. Hunter Ave.
Anaheim, California 92807
Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2011 | Mintek MDP-1070
Mar 26, 2011 | Mintek MDP-1070
Mar 12, 2010 | Mintek MDP-1070
Dec 29, 2009 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Feb 01, 2009 | Mintek MDP-1770 Portable DVD Player
Feb 03, 2008 | Mintek MDP-1070
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!