Question about Lexmark All-in-One Printer with PictBridge
I have tried everything to get my new x2500 to print. Message is always 'printer not commuicating with computer. I got a new usb cable and still have the problem. I've checked the hubs and controllers in the device manager and nothing is working.
Sorry my printer is lexmark 1200 series, tried restarting,unplugging usb, power supply to printer but keeps just sayin printer not communicating with computer
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
A quick fix for most communication errors can be
achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. Simply disconnect
the printer from your computer. Reboot your pc. Unplug and re-plug the printer
into the power source to reset it. When the printer turns on, reconnect it to
your computer. Then try to print again once the computer fully recognizes the
If that doesn't help, try the steps below:
1. Disconnect the printer from your computer.
2. Re-brick your printer.
Pull out the power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the
back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds.
2. On your computer, go to Control Panel > Printers
3. Delete the Lexmark print object.
4. Reboot your pc.
5. When your pc turns on, reconnect the printer.
6. Wait until your pc fully recognizes the USB connection. To check, go to Control Panel > Printers and Faxes. If you see a new Lexmark print object in the list, then try to print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
Nov 03, 2011 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Apr 14, 2011 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Sep 27, 2010 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Apr 08, 2009 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 20, 2009 | Lexmark Z600 InkJet Printer
May 25, 2008 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: