- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this. The follow was found on tv-forums dot com by Zyntar...
There is a secret service menu to converge the Sony KP53HS30.
Caution: Be careful, there are many settings that can be tampered with. Some may be hard to undo.
Procedure: (use the remote control for these steps unless noted)
1. Turn TV off with System Off (under flap on remote)
2. Press: Display, 5, Volume +, then Power. If successful, service text will appear on the screen.
3. Use 2 & 5 to select the PJE Category.
4. Press 9 to get to fine convergence adjusting.
5. Press 6 several times to get the convergence screen of choice. I like the grid.
6. Use the remote's arrow keys (joystick), move the brackets around until you have found the area to adjust. Press the center of the joystick to change the bracket from white to a color. Use the joystick to adjust the color. Press 3 to change color to adjust. When done, press center of joystick again.
Note: Try to keep the grid even and squared up.
7. Repeat steps 5 and/or 6 for all parts of the screen that need it.
8. Once done, you need to save your settings. Press: Mute, Enter. Then on the TV, press "Flash Focus"
9. Turn off power. TV is ready to use.
To reset this unit start with pwr off. Then on oringnal remote press the display button, the number 5 button and then volume up button and then hit the power button this will take you into the service mode menu, Press the number 8 key and then hit enter, this will set the unit back to factory specs. The set should turn off itself and then power on itself to channel 3, All user setting before this procedure are reset to factory mode..
you will have to go in the service mode. be careful as you could damage the tv if wrong settings are changed. with the tv off push on the remote display 5 vol+ power. now hit the 1 button until you see pje fdis on the upper left. now push the 9 button to enter convergence. you should now have a cursor on the screen. usr the 3 button to switch colors. use the directional pad on remote to move the cursor and the enter button in the center of dir pad to select or deselct a point in the screen. push muting and then enter to save convergence. now restart the tv and all done
You will need to replace the "HA" board wich is the control panel and remote reciever (wich has failed). Here is a link to the part number and where to purchase from.
juzz i suggest that u would unplug the unit for a couple of minute the plug it back in on a wall outlet.use the tv/video button to change the video input if that button didnt work it may require service....jake