Question about Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave Oven
Magneto or magnatron has gone bad. This is the part that sends the waves through the food to heat it.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: microwave no heat
The "HUMM" indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. The loud "POP" was the breakdown. You have only four Components in the High Voltage side.
1. High Voltage Transformer. You can eliminate this as the problem. Why? If it was the problem it would have blown the line fuse, and would have given off a burned transformer smell.
2. High Voltage Diode. Usually will Burn or Pop when shorted, but will then OPEN the Circuit and there is no "HUMM".
3. High Voltage Capacitor.This is the Silver Can with the two terminals on top. It can SHORT internaly between the plates (the two terminals) and give the "HUMM".
4. Magnetron. This is my number one suspect. A SHORTED Magnetron.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
This is usually caused by either a bad door switch, a loose door switch mount, or a problem on the control panel.
Even though a door switch clicks, it may still be bad inside. Its continuity must be checked.
Switch or mount trouble can be caused by slamming the door or by opening the door while it's cooking without hitting the Stop pad first.
If you someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical information on safety, disassembly and door switches at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can probably find an exploded view by entering your FULL model number here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com
A full Sears/Kenmore model number usually has 3 digits, a dot, then 8 more digits, such as ###.########
If you think the problem is on the control panel, which we repair these nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
In all likelihood the mangnetron has failed, or
perhaps even the Power Supply. or a fault that is shutting the system down for
safety reasons You need to have it serviced by a reputable service centre/man.
Ensure you get a firm "Quote" before proceeding, and remember these days the cost of repair can equal or exceed the price of a new one.
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
May 19, 2012 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Aug 31, 2011 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Mar 31, 2011 | Whirlpool GH5176XPS Microwave Oven
Sep 12, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jul 12, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 25, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Dec 30, 2007 | Kenmore 64002 Microwave Oven
570 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: