I have a toshiba 57h82 and my tv turned really blue now its white with the colors shaped like a rainbow i tryed to touch focus but it comes back as error what should i do plus i have fuzzy pic before that with white lines flickering on the screen is this tv worth fixing
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
See my solution <http://www.fixya.com/support/t2795690-convergence_off_blue_line_only_vertical>.
You need to get to the service menu--it's been 4 years so go to AVSforum.com to turn off the different guns and get the better pattern.
At your risk:
To get into Service mode:
1. Turn your TV on.
2. For X81 or earlier series: Press MUTE on your remote and release.
2. For H80/H81/HX81 series: Press MUTE on your remote and release two times ("Mute" on-screen)
3. Press down MUTE on your remote again and hold. While holding, press the MENU button on your TV set's front panel. 4. Release both buttons.
5. An "S" should appear on your screen. Press MENU again on your TV.
6. Now you're in service mode. Channel Up/Dn - Scrolls through Parameters and Volume Up/Dn - Changes Parameter Value
To get into convergence mode:
Get into Service mode, then
Hit '7' to bring up the convergence grid.
Buttons 100, 0, and ENT control which gun you want to turn off (if you want to align the red to the green without seeing the blue gun and other variations).
2=up, 8=down, 4=left, 6=right, 3=change gun to converge, 5=converge that point.
To exit convergence mode you press 7 once and your screen should look like it's imploding then return to normal and then you press 7 to get back into regular service mode.
I have more info found on the board.
Typically this is due to a convergence chip failure. This repair can be done pretty easy with the proper instruction. Have a look at this video to help determine if you truly have a convergence problem.
go into menu turn color off see if you have a black and white picture if not adjust red,green, and blue screen drive on controls in back of tv you have red, green, blue it will have focus /screen controls cover each tube do one at a time blue focus and screen drive adjust to clear blue picture do all 3 tubes, then adjust them to where you have a black&white picture once this is done turn color controll back on.Thank You for using FixYa and Have a Nice Day.
your convergence amp ic's./if you want to cheat/align the other two colors and manualy move the green yoke rings on the green picture tube neck so the green cross aligns with the red and blue.,they shuold form white when all three are aligned,on top of each other.