Hi anyone know what dvd drive can be interchanged in an hd 740gx liteon , it burned about a dozen disk before dying , not able to get any information from liteon opened up the unit drive says LMU_713H , no results on google or anywhere i have looked sure would appreciate some help Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
do you have a burning software installed? you can download nero express @ majorgeeks.com
you mention that your friend gave it to you? was it working fine before? its easy to set up your new dvd writer whenever you have already installed a burning software like nero. well, you can also try clone dvd. it works very well too.
and also check for firmware upgrades for your dvd writer...you can find it here...
Did you set your jumpers correctly? How about using a different power Cable? Different Data Cable?
If all fails try diagnosing the problem.
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE THE ISO TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
Hope this helps
Hi, have you tried one of those cleaning disks for DVD drives? It might help to clean the laser lens and not to be so picky, otherwise like all lens based drives it needs to be changed in some time anyway. Robert
Go to my computer, right click>properties>hardware tab>device manager, then look down the list for DVD/CDROM Drives, click it and your DVD drive will appear.
Right click on it and delete.
Restart PC and windows will find your DVD drive again and install it.
Try a dvd again and see if it is working, if not it's time to buy a new one i'm afraid, but they are very cheap to replace.
It's possible that the drive has died. CD and DVD drives are notorious for short lives but then I've seen some last 5 years. The lens could be dirty, just a small piece of lint is enough to cause hassles. Try using a Lens cleaner, available from all good audio shops. Some machines don't like +R disks and a firmware upgrade is needed. I've done many Liteon Drives with terrific results but if the manufacturer hasn't put one out then you're lost. It's possible you've used the wrong upgrade to fix your problem.
With the prices of drives today it's sometimes cheaper to replace it. Believe me they can die quickly, my record is a week from brand new to unuseable and that was a Sony.