Question about Toshiba Satellite A65-S1065 Notebook
This is a 3 y.o laptop, had a blue screen last week, didn't think much of it at the time since i rebooted and it worked fine. At one point yesterday, it went to sleep mode and turned itself off, since then I am unable to turn it on. The power lights are showing steady green, the battery is charged (I also took it off and tried without it putting the laptop straight to the electric outlet) made no difference, the light from the power button is not lighting up and nothing happens. No noise, not even trying to boot up, seems dead. Any suggestions?
Remove all connectors, media and devices (cables, USB devices, floppies, CDs etc)
1. Press AND hold the power button for 10 seconds. Light should go out.
2. Remove battery.
3. Plug in PSU (the AC power supply unit)
4. Press power button.
5. If the laptop starts, go all the way to desktop and run the laptop for 20 minutes or so.
6. Shut down and remove PSU.
7. Re-attach PSU and then insert battery.
8. start laptop. If it starts, go all the way to desktop and use laptop for an hour or so, to monitor the battery state, see if it is charging. If it is, go to step 9. If not, test PSU and battery, to see which needs replacement.
9. Otherwise open START MENU/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/POWER SETTINGS.
10. Uncheck HIBERNATION in the tab that applies.
11. Set all spin down, sleep/suspend and monitor settings to "never".
12. Apply/OK and Close Power CP
13. Now leave laptop on, let the laptop sit, idle (or use it) for at least 3 hours.
14. Shut down and remove PSU, then restart.
15. If the laptop will not start, or did not show a full charge before shutting down, replace the battery.
16. Go back and set spin down/suspend and monitor power settings to DEFAULT, but do not use hibernation any more on a 3 year old laptop!
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Relace the battery
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2013 | Fujitsu LifeBook S6510 Notebook
Mar 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2013 | MSI Computers & Internet
May 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 03, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Aug 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 26, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A300-0CF035 Notebook
Nov 19, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jul 27, 2017 | Toshiba Satellite A65-S1065 Notebook
456 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!