An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: AUDIO DRIVER INSTALLATION
If the sound is coming you have installed the driver properly
try to change the head phone jack , if doesnt help it could be the problem of your head phone socket. because when you insert the jack , circuit inside the headphone socket closes and your outside speakers will be off
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You do not have the proper Driver installed. You must go to HP Compaq, input the hardware device, and got to the specifications where you can select Drivers and choose the most current Audio Driver for that card or motherboard. Install and you are in business.
Install the audio drivers from Mother Board CD. Restart laptop and check.
Installation steps: (Type:1) Insert the
motherboad CD, Select CD drive(ex: CD-Rom Drive(D:))> Right click>browse>select audio driver>install. After
completion, restart computer and check.
(Type:2) (if you don't the audio driver, follow the below steps)
• Go to Start> • Control panel> • Double click on "System" Icon> (it shows the System Properties Window) • Select “Hardware” Tab> • Select “Device Manager” Tab> (it shows the Device Manager Window) • Select “Sound, video and game controllers”> •
Expand “+” symbol> (check the audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers and
others are not in Questioned Mark (?) symbol with yellow color. If
there need to install the drivers ). Right click (questioned mark)> Update drivers>In browse select Mother board CD> select automatic search drivers and install..
It search the drivers and install it. once complete reboot laptop and check.
actually the sound driver is not supporting properly just reload the sound drivers.if you dont have your sound card drivers.just insert your sound card number in the google website you will get the drivers in a minute.just download the exact card driver which you have and after downloading the driver install it in your pc. and then check out it wiull work properly.also check out that the head phone pins are connected in proper sockets of the pc.
Check to make sure that you have the proper drivers installed. Go to your manufactures website or install Driver Detective and let it detect your proper drivers. Just for extra about this problem. What is the make, model of the laptop?
Try connecting the headphone properly. Check if its properly inserted. Go for windows update............... and then check if the problem is gone. If all the above doesnot works I think there is a connection between the metals inside your headphone portal, ans as soon as you insert the jack it gets connected and you can hear sounds from both the sources. Thank You.
This is a known issue on this particular notebook. This notebook hardware works very well with Vista. And when coming to widnows XP you will face driver compatability issues.
I will provide youa sound driver which has worked fine on all C700 notebook model. Before installing this driver uninstall current driver from the notebook.
After downloading the file please extract the files to a folder on the desktop.
Follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select not at this time, click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse, Choose the location where you have saved the extracted folder.
8. Open the folder and choose the .inf file listed.
9. Ignore any errors you receive and proceed with the installation.
After uninstalling the current audio driver you will get this "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" entry in device manager.
I hope this owrks for you.