I got a ps2 slim for christmas which was around 3 months ago and there is a little box when you open it up with a orange like slip attached to it. Well the problem is the box never moved before until a couple of days ago when i put in a disk and a loud tapping noise was heard. The box had been moved up to the disk spinner and was keeping the disks from spinning. I turned it off because maybe i though it overheated or something and we even set it upright and the next day we tried again and that's when i realized it was the box thing rubbing up on the disk spinner. What i would like to know is can it be fixed or do i have to buy a new one all together. Thank you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes. There are three reasons why your Slim PS2 disc might not spin.
1. Bad laser. This is the most common issue. 2. Bad case: if your PS2 dropped or is banged around a lot, the case could become loosely closed and even though it is closed, the PS2 thinks it is still open. 3. Bad sensor(s): The PS2 has 2 sensors to let it know that the lid is closed. Once the lid is closed, the laser does its thing.
same thing happened 2 me buddy i got rockband 4 christmas it would spin but very little so i went and got a new ps2 the slim version now i can play all of the games even ps1 games there the best ur ps2 is just old
hey men. my name is ekeocha chidi michael from nigeria a game freak just like u. b4 condemning ur ps2 try the following:
1. do a total clean up.e open it up n clean it up wit compressed air or a static free rag. 2. realign the lens spinner angle. if u are really using the slim, u wud see 4 screws around the lens n motor. it is usually supported by rubber springs. turn each screw about 18 degrees. then test the game. keep doing it until the game starts workin. this is the ultimate solution it could take a long period of time but if u are lucky just a couple of minutes. 3. change the lens. 4. change the cooling fan. 5. take d console to a specialist. if these dnt solve ur probs ur ps2 is officially condemned
Sorry about no one paying attention to your problem for so long.
I just got started about a month ago. I have been repairing video Game consoles for over a decade though.
Your problem is that your slim has a melted down laser and lens assembly. The unit is dirty. You will need a new disc drive and a thorough cleaning to get it back in service.
The problem about the power light is due to excessive dust buildup shorting out the components on the motherboard. The video output is also comprimised by dust and dirt.
The disc spinning is possibly comprimised by hair wrapped around the disc drive spindle.
If you want, I can thoroughly detail clean your PS2 slim and replace the disc drive for $38 plus shipping both ways.
HI THIS PROBLEM IS USUALY CAUSED WHEN LID IS PUT BACK ON ..
THERE IS SOME LITTLE SWITCHERS ON THE PS2 NEAR THE LASER THESE SWITCHERS ARE TO TELL PS2 WHEN LID AS BEEN OPENED AND A ANTI PIRACY PROTECTION FOR DISK SWOPPING PICS SHOW WERE THE LITTLE SWITCHERS ARE ..__TRY TAKING THE LID BACK OFF AND PLACING LID BACK ON WITH LID TRAY SHUT AND IF THAT DOES NOT WORK CLOSE WITH LID OPEN AND AT THE FRONT WERE YOU PRESS THE BUTTON TO TURN POWER ON CHECK IF THE LITTLE SWITCH AS COME AWAY OR BROKE IF SO I SELL REPLACMENTS MY WEBSITE IS WWW.CONSOLEREPAIRANDPLAY.CO.UK