Question about Televison & Video
Your set has a open resistor & video ic on CRT board.this is why it shows drive lines and shuts off.So unless you do TV repair take it to a repair shop. ThankYou for using FixYa. Have a Nice Day.
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2012 | Mitsubishi WD-73C9 73" DLP TV
Feb 16, 2010 | Samsung HC-P4752W 47" Rear Projection...
Jun 24, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Jun 24, 2008 | Samsung HCM4216W 42" Rear Projection...
May 09, 2008 | Toshiba 57H82 57" Rear Projection...
Oct 31, 2007 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Jul 01, 2007 | Philips 60P8341 60" Rear Projection...
Mar 12, 2007 | Sony KP-53S65 53" Rear Projection...
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!