You got one of the newer devices that were released AFTER PocketMac was
is a solution for this. First, visit the download page:
the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select
PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have
two program choices to download.
You have probably already
downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for
BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.
you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or
8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to
connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the
heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh.
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.
the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then
plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the
If you still can't connect, here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:
1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time
you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install
2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.
Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files.
scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start
with "BlackBerry" files.
4. Please remove both of these files
from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will
need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these
files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash,
6. Install the driver again. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.
Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for
BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your
Apr 22, 2009 |
RIM BlackBerry? Curve 8330 Cellular Phone