How long has it been since you printed in color? If it has been a long time, the color cartridge may have dried out some, clogging the print head. If this is the case, the quickest way is to replace the cartridge. If it a new cartridge, be sure you took the protective tape off when you installed it.
Without more information, these are the only 2 solutions I can give you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and connect the Printer to be detected and installed. Check printer properties to see the ink levels. Use head cleaning before a test is taken . It is possible that the head is not reacting to the need of the command , can be an issue with ink drying , can also be poor ink cartridge contacts
There are many reasons for this problem.but some very common possibilities are as follows:---
1) The color cartridge in the printer is near to empty.in this case replace the cartridge and check out.
2) The other reason is that color cartridge is not empty but the color in it is got dried up .In this case also the cartridge needs to be replaced.
3) Many times this problem occurs after the cartridge is refilled.or you are using re-cycled cartridges instead of original cartridges.
BUT if you are using original Epson cartridge,the cartridge is not empty and the ink is is not dried up.Still you have this problem then,its the problem of the print head of the cartridge.In the printer where you insert the cartridge below that there is a print-head.In the print-head there are many tiny holes.From this holes the ink passes for printing on paper.But if this holes are blocked then ink will not pass even from the new cartridge.In this case the print head needs cleaning.From the PC in printer properties there is a option called"CLEAN THE PRINT CARTRIDGES" but this is automatic cleaning.But if the ink is jammed very hard then this automatic cleaning will not help.The print head will require manual cleaning.And for that the printer needs to be opened and print head needs to be removed.If the printer is under warranty then its advisable to get the print head cleaned by Epson service center but if its out of warranty then you get it done by local printer repair tech.But if the ink is stuck up very hard then the print head needs to be replaced.
Thanks. you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
I had this problem recently with my IP90. Both the black and color heads were clogged. After running the "canned" routines several times to clean the heads and deep clean the heads...still didn't help...here's what I did:
1. open the top lid to have the cartridges that are inserted in the print head to the middle of the printer.
2. remove both cartridges
3. What is left there is the print head..slightly move it to the right and gently lift the print head lock.
4. Grasp the print head and lift it out.
5. Have severasl paper towels hand and know that you will have color and bw ink on your fingers
6. Put the print head on the paper towel
7. Pour rubbing alcohol on the blk and color heads and let them sit of about 10-15 minutes.
8. after that dry the heads and re-insert them in the printer
9. I put new cartridges in the printer and ran clean and deep clean a few times.
10. May color and black and white print is back!
Cleaning the print head To ensure good print quality, the MFC will regularly clean the print head. You can start the cleaning process manually if needed. Clean the print head and ink cartridges if you get a horizontal line in the text or graphics on your printed pages. You can clean Black only or three colors at a time (Cyan/Yellow/Magenta), or all four colors at once. Cleaning the print head consumes ink. Cleaning too often uses ink unnecessarily. Caution Do NOT touch the print head. Touching the print head may cause permanent damage and may void the print head’s warranty. 1 Press Ink. 2 Press ▲ or ▼ to select Cleaning. Press Menu/Set. 3 Press ▲ or ▼ to select Black, Color or All. Press Menu/Set. The MFC will clean the print head. When cleaning is finished, the MFC will go back to standby mode automatically. If you clean the print head at least five times and the print has not improved, call Brother Customer Service
See this link. Type "print using black ink" in the Search box and click the Search button. Select the appropriate option for your computer's OS. Note that you can only do this using plain paper. (I think the printer will still use a little color ink when doing print head cleanings. If you leave the printer powered on all the time, this will reduce the number of print head cleanings.)