Question about Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
It has been working for over a year and today I plugged in the power charger and the player came on and then turned off. It will not turn back on.
Make sure you back up all songs on the GoGear before attempting this solution.
1) Back up all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
Now you can do the firmware upgrade that will prevent this problem from occuring in the future. Open up Philips Device Manager and click the Update tab. This problem was caused because most GoGear's were designed for Windows XP with Media Player 10 (which is no longer the latest standard).
You must do a firmware upgrade to resolve this issue.
Open Philips Device Manager (Go to Start--> all Programs--> Philips...), and click on Update tab
You can get it from www.usasupport.philips.com
It will delete all songs off your player, so be forewarned
Enter your model number on the website, click the link on next page that says SA 5125/37 w/o a "b" on the end
Click on Software and drivers tab
Click on firmware upgrade software - instructions enclosed
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Mar 20, 2008
Try connecting the player in service mode:
1) Connect the player to the mains adaptor only. Do not connect to PC yet.
2) On the player, press and hold "Power On" & "Vol +" for 3 seconds to reset the player.
3) Release "Power On" & "Vol +"
4) Press and hold "Vol -"
5) Connect device to PC and continue to hold "Vol -"
6) PC should show device as Removable Drive
If all of this works, the player is ok, but the firmware is probably corrupt.This can be rectified, but any content will probably be
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2011 | Philips GoGear Flash MP3 Player
Oct 23, 2010 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Apr 30, 2010 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 27, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 05, 2009 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Mar 07, 2008 | Philips GoGear HDD6330 MP3 Player
2,289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!