Zebra 105SL label issues
I am surprised that you are using that sequence of buttons to solve this problem. I am pretty sure that they want you to go into the "Media Sensor Calibration" setup in the config menu. It is a bit more complicated than what you have described. I also believe that the size of the gap on two of your labels might be out of tolerance (they are usually 1/8" gaps between the labels). The black marks are a problem for the transmissive sensors. You may need to move the transmissive media gap sensor (remember it has two parts: upper and lower). I would usually setup mine for a place beyond the black mark so that you are looking at just the white paper.
To start out:
1. Load the backing of a 6" strip of media (no label attached).
2. Remove a ribbon (if you usually use one).
3. Close the printhead.
4. Press SETUP/EXIT and then NEXT/SAVE until "Media and Ribbon Calibrate" appears.
5. Press "+" to start the calibration procedure. You should see the "Load Backing" in the LCD Display. You already have the backing loaded so continue to the next step.
6. Press "+" to answer the message and the next screen should say, "Remove Ribbon". You have also removed the ribbon.
7. Press the "+" to continue. You should see the screen say, "Calibrating Please Wait". After the sensors are setup by the machine a new screen should appear, "Reload All".
8. Open the printhead, and move the labels until they are loaded correctly to print. Smooth out the ribbon and load it correctly.
9. Withe media and ribbon now loaded, press "+" to continue and the machine should say, "Media and Ribbon Calibrate".
10. Press the Setup/Exit button once. It should say, "Save Changes Permanent". Press Next/Save to finish the process.
11. Do a normal calibration of your stock and print a label.
You are done. The machine will run for the labels you have setup the sensors for. Unfortunately, you must do this for each of the media types. To automate this, you could run a Configuration listing, capture the settings you just created for each type of label. Take these to a programmer to have them send the setup to the machine before the job. This is beyond the scope of this type support to really help you.
May 13, 2008 |
Zebra 105SL Thermal Label Printer