First off: What a good daughter/son you are!
I'm probably pretty safe in presuming the following:
- The installation software you're trying to install is contained on a CD/DVD disk and inserted into a drive OTHER than "F:\"?
- iTunes software (of at least some type) has been installed at some point in the past on this computer?
In this case, what's most likely occurring is there's a key ("value" more accurately) that has at some point in the past been entered into the Windows registry. The common name of this "Value Name" is "SourcePath". The registry's iTunes "SourcePath" probably contains "F:\" in the "value data" field. IN OTHER WORDS: Because of this registry key value, iTunes EXPECTS (in this case DEMANDS) that the source of any iTunes installation software will be from the F:\ drive (which currently does NOT exist).
THE IMMEDIATE FIX:
As "gymowner" alludes, you can MANUALLY launch the installer via: Start > Run... > type "DRIVE_LTR*:\setup.exe" (without quotes), then "OK"
* where DRIVE_LTR is the drive the installation disk is inserted into. EXAMPLE: D:\setup.exe
THE MORE PERMANENT FIX:
If you choose to, you can both check and correct any FUTURE occurances of this registry mismatch by:
1. Opening up your Windows registry editor (REGEDIT): Start > Run... > type "regedit" (without quotes), then "OK".
2. Navigate thru the +/- collapsible structure to the following two keys ...
* where "ITUNES_NOMENCLATURE" is whatever name iTunes software is named within the registry.
3. Search for and locate the value(s) (again, probably "SourcePath") that contain the erroneous "F:\" value and change to the desired drive (i.e., most common CD/DVD drive used on this computer). EXAMPLE: change "F:\" to "D:\" (without the quotes).
ADVISORY: If you're NOT COMFORTABLE making changes within the registry, YOU ARE WELL ADVISED TO GET SOMEONE WHO IS TO HELP YOU. Any INADVERTANT CHANGES TO THE REGISTRY HAS THE POTENTIAL OF SEVERELY DAMAGING YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM (i.e., Windows XP/Vista).
Good luck, and please post back to let me know how things work out, or if you have any further questions.
"Today's the best day of my life...and NOW you're part of it!"