- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Magenta toner sensor error. Reseat drum unit. check toner cart. Take out the key that prevents you from putting drums in wrong slot and swap the whole drum and toner assy with another color, if it follows the magenta unit then that is the problem somehow.
Check the little switch/door on the right hand side of the drums. This has worked successfully for me.
After replacement of a C3530 Image Drum, the message, "Toner Sensor Error" is displayed.
The plastic shutter in the ID is fully or partially covering the toner sensor window.
Move the cover upward to allow for the sensor to become fully exposed prior to reinstalling the drum.
I have the same problem. I had some ghosting on my pages before I got the error and turned off and turned on and it worked for a little then got ghosting again and then the error.
The technichian told me it was the fuser unit in the back. It is simple to replace, just like a drum, you pull it out and put the new one in. You can find them fairly inexpensive but check your warranty. This model comes with a one year warranty and that fuser should fall under warranty.
From Oki's site:
The toner counter did not clear after installing a new toner cartridge.
The printer was not powered off when the new toner cartridge was installed, Therefore the counter did not cleared.
1. Enter the PCU Diagnostic Mode, By turning off the printer and holding down the MENU and OK buttons on power up. (Release the buttons once you're in the PCU DIAG MODE)
2. Press the MENU button 14 times until the operator panel reads " Counter Display "
3. Press the MENU button and the BACK/C button at the same time, This will put the printer into the Feed Counter Clear Mode (Release the buttons once you're in the Feed Counter Clear Mode)
4. Press the up arrow 5 times until the operator reads " Toner Counter Clear "
5. Press the OK button, The operator panel will now display " Toner no "
6. Press the up arrow once and the operator panel will display " Toner yes". Now press the OK button and the green data light will flash to indicate that the
clear process is complete
7. To exit the PCU Diagnostic Mode, By turn the printer off and then back on this will allow you to exit the PCU Diagnostic Mode
Hope that helps. If it does not please let me know