Question about Apple iPhone Smartphone
Up until last night, I was dealing with this same problem. After a lot of searching I finally found a solution that actually works and it is by far the simplest fix.
Try pinching the iphone around the area of the camera, don't use too much force, you don't want to break anything. After doing this my camera immediately worked again. I believe its because something came loose. I hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Omg thats insane, i just pushed it in a lil and its working fine, had this problem for months and as its out of warrenty was told it was 146 to repair
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
This is a hardware issue in your camera. If your phone is still under warranty, have it replaced. This is the first thing I would do. If you aren't under warranty:
and lastly, you can take your phone apart to see if you can jostle the camera ccd into working:
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2016 | Cell Phones
Aug 11, 2013 | Apple iPhone 3G
Feb 10, 2013 | Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone
1. Go to My Computer >> Manage and click Device Manager in the left tab.
2. Click Portable Devices >> Apple iPhone >> Uninstall
3. Unplug and plug your iPhone, now wait for windows to re recognize your iphone [ In Device Manager, you will see the new recognized Apple Iphone ]
4. Press F5 to refresh your windows explorer and your Apple iPhone will show up with a camera icon.
If for some reason none of the above methods work, but you want to copy camera taken pictures but there was no way to do it.
Follow the procedure to do the same, make sure that your iphone is connected to your computer with iphone data cable
1. Download DiskAid which is a free iPhone Explorer [ Lets you explore your iphone files and folder ]
2. Install and Run DiskAid it will automatically detect iphone and navigate to the camera photos folder on your iphone
root >> var >> mobile >> media >> DCIM >> 100APPLE or XXXAPPLE folder.
( as shown in the image below )
( click the image above to enlarge )
3. Right click any image and select Copy to PC and select a folder to copy these images, that's it . This way you can copy the images from iphone camera roll folder when you iphone does not show in my computer.
Hope this helps.
Feb 25, 2011 | Apple iPhone 3G
Feb 19, 2011 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jan 20, 2010 | Apple iPhone 3G Black Smartphone
Sep 24, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Feb 28, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Mar 07, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
2,522 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!