Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players

1 Answer

Parts substitute I just want to know the possible substitute for this transistor..FS5KM-10 which is easy to find in nearby electronics stores especially here in the philippines. Thank you.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,267 Answers

The NTE cross reference gave me this part # NTE2974.
Here is the data sheet:

Posted on Feb 07, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can I get Parts for LG RC185

I agree with Robert - best option is to get the loader unit from LG Spares directly, then swop it yourself. If you are familiar with swopping HDD's/DVD units in PC's then it's easy to swop the loader unit ;-)

Feb 04, 2015 | LG RC185 DVD Recorder/VCR

1 Answer

I have a dead Sony RDR VX555 DVD/VCR Combo. I suspect that the 1.6V fuse, located next to where the power cord attaches to the main circuit board,is blown. I have had no success obtaining a replacement...

Radio Shack stores that have the parts bins have this fuse in stock (catalog # 270-1051). If your local store does not carry electronic parts they are available from their online store.

Nov 16, 2010 | Sony RDR-VX555

1 Answer

Won't Power up fuse is not blown

Since the fuse doesn't blow now (you did replace it with one of the same ratings, right?), you need to check for:

Other blown fuses - occasionally there are more than one in a DVD.

Replace with one of exactly the same ratings.

Open fusable resistors. These sometimes blow at the same time or in place of the fuses. They are usually low values like 2 ohms and are in big rectangular ceramic power resistor cases or smaller blue or gray colored cylindrical power resistors. They are supposed to protect expensive parts like the HOT but often blow at the same time.

If any of these are bad, they will need to be replaced with flameproof resistors of the same ratings (though you can substitute an ordinary resistor for testing purposes). Before applying power, check: Rectifier diodes, horizontal output transistor, regulator pass or chopper transistor (if present), and main filter capacitor for shorts.

An initial test with an ohmmeter can be done while in-circuit. The resistance across each diode and the collector to emitter of the transistors should be relatively high - a few hundred ohms at lest - in at least one direction (in-circuit). If there is a question, unsolder one side of each diode and check - should be in the Megaohms or higher in one direction. Removed from the circuit, the collector-emitter resistance should be very high in one direction at least. Depending on the type, the base-emitter resistance may be high in one direction or around 50 ohms. If any reading on a semiconductor device is under 10 ohms - then the device most likely bad. The filter capacitor should eventually measure high in one direction (it will take a while to charge from your ohmmeter). It could still be failing at full voltage, however.

If you find one bad part, still check everything else as more than one part may fail and just replacing one may cause it to fail again.

May 21, 2010 | RCA DRC8320 DVD Recorder/VCR

1 Answer

Replacing MRI511 transistor

You need to replace complete power supply with following part number..

1-468-742-12 POWER BLOCK (HS8S2U)

Power supply is available in Part Store.

Part MR1511 can not be available and power supply of DVP-NS325
should not be repaired on component level.

Jan 22, 2009 | Sony DVP-NS325 Multi-disc DVD Player

1 Answer

Need a transistor for venturer pvs 1960 dvd player part no b1184

I will assume that the B1184 is marked on the transistor itself. If that is the case, you need a 2SB1184. This should be available from just about any electronics parts supplier. These will run about 75 cents each.

Apr 09, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players

1 Answer

Menu display3

its hard to help without the schematics have you tried a VR resistor where you can decrease the resistance gradually to try to achieve the required voltage? Thats what I try when I cant get schematics.

Mar 27, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players

1 Answer


Here is an easy trick to see if a remote is working. Hold the remote up to a digital camera or camcorder. Then just press the buttons on the remote and look in the lcd screen of the camera. If the remote is working you will see the LED on the front of the remote flashing through the LCD screen of the camera. If you do see it blinking on the camera then you know it works. If it works then you either have the wrong remote for that model, or the reciever inside the dvd player may be faulty. You can also pick up a universal remote for under $10 at most stores that sells electronics. Peter

Oct 04, 2007 | GoVideo DV2150 DVD Player/VCR

1 Answer

DVP-NC665P power surge.

I would first check to see if it had a blown fuse..
even if sony doesnt have the parts electronic companys sell common electronic parts like mcm electronics.

Sep 16, 2007 | Sony DVP-NC665P/S Multi-disc DVD Player

Not finding what you are looking for?
DVD & Blu-Ray Players Logo

Related Topics:

80 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DVD & Blu-Ray Players Experts


Level 3 Expert

96372 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68157 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a DVD and Blu-Ray Player Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides