The factory preset override code for the parental lock is 3308. This code, however, will NOT remove the parental lock code in place. This is just a code to get around the lock. I'm not sure how to dissable to code someone else entered...still trying to figure that out!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the instuctions below to reset the password and switch off the parental control on the Zenith DBV412.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD player 2. Switch the TV to the input for the DVD player 3. Remove any disc from the player 4. Press the SETUP key on the Zenith remote to open the on-screen menu 5. Press 2 1 0 4 9 9 using the numerical keys on the Zenith remote. 6. Press SETUP again to close the menu
This will clear any password that has been set. Now you need to switch off the parental control:
8. Press the SETUP key to open the on-screen menu again 9. Use the down arrow to highlight the PADLOCK for the parental control settings 10. Press the RIGHT arrow once to enter the parental control menu 11. Highlight RATING and press the RIGHT arrow once.
You will be asked to set a password. Enter something simple and easy to remember, e.g. 0000 then press ENTER. You will need to confirm the password by entering the same number again, then press enter again.
12. Use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight UNLOCK then press ENTER 13. Press SETUP again to close the menu
You should now be able to insert your Across the Universe disc and play it. If you are still unable to watch the disc or you are unable to switch off the parental control feature, please let me know.
Unfortunately there are no known ways to change the user code. The parental controls are set because it's a DVD player for kids - and you must input the password every time you want to play a DVD.
1369 is the code to allow you to play blocked movies. I still
haven't found a way to change the level. Again, you have to input the code each
time. I know it stinks, but I guess they didn't think of the parental feature in its entirety.
Hi, This sounds like a parental lock issue. Try going into the set up menu and press the down key choosing custom by pressing enter (this is in the user manual page 20 - 22) then go down and select parental. If you know your parental control password code then enter it, if not the reset code is 4737 you will then need to create a new 4 digit code,There are 9 levels to choose from 1 - 8 and all, all being the selection that removes the parental lock. Hope this helps. James
Found the manual for the player buried in a box from moving. Procedure is
1) With no DVD in player
2) Press enter while holding down shift to display parental lock menu
3) If you dont remember the password enter 8888 to access the options
4) Use cursor to move arrow to country code option
5) Use right cursor to select country code, then down cursor to move country code to US
6) Use left cursor and down cursor and right cursor to move to set level
7) Use down cursor to toggle through level options. (None removes all blocks)
8) If setting a level toggle down to password and set new 4 digit password.
although my situation was a bit different, part of msimeomix's solution still worked. after entering the password "3308," the screen went blank. i knew this parental code had worked but it would still not allow me to access the "setup" or "menu" options. i pressed "STOP" and then ejected the disc/turned the DVD player off. upon turning it back on and entering the password "3308" i was able to immediately press "PLAY" and it worked. enjoy the movie :]
i posted the site on tips and tricks where you will find the manual.parental control 8 is the default setting. the factory setting password(enter this in the new password bar)is 3351 and youll have to take it from there.it seems you have a password on your machine you can change it to your own with the factory setting number.good luck, SLEWEY.
Called Zenith. They said: turn on the DVD player. Hit "set-up".
Scroll down to the "lock" icon. Scroll over to "Rating". Scroll over to unlock. Enter 0000. Click on Ok. Enter 0000 again, click Ok again. Menu should read unlock. Voila!