Question about Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
I bought my nuvi 660 about 6 months ago and have not had any problems. I've been using the bluetooth with the same phone for about 4 months now. For some reason, the bluetooth stopped working, and when I went to re-enable the bluetooth, it locked up. Is there any reason it would do that and is there any way to fix it. It was a gift from my cousin that lives out of state and I am sure I can't get the receipt to return it.
I just found this procedure on this site for somebody that couldn't pair their phone with the Garmin. I tried this because I could not enable bluetooth and it seems to have worked so far.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International, I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to reset your
1) From the Nuvi main "Where To?" screen, tap "View map"
2) On the map screen, tap the "speed" indicator in the lower left corner of the screen.
3) On the next screen, there is a large round speedometer (mph) near the top center of the screen. Press and hold on the center of the speedometer until the screen changes to a diagnostic mode that says "Shutdowns" at the top.
4) Press "Next"at the bottom of the screen repetitively until you come to a screen that says "Bluetooth statues" at the top...
5) On the Bluetooth Statues screen, press "Updt PR" button in the lower right corner. The screen should show "Do you really want to update the Bluetooth firmware?"... Press "yes"... Let the unit sit for several minutes. It should show "Updating Bluetooth on the screen. When it is complete, it will return to the "Bluetooth Statues screen.... Press "Quit" in the lower left corner... Then return to the main "Where To?"
screen and try enabling and paring the Bluetooth again?.
Additionally, it is best to pair the devices from the cell phones menus and pairing procedures, instead of from the Garmin device......
Note: before re-pairing the Nuvi to your cell phone, make sure you remove the nuvi device fr your cell phone first, then add device. If your nuvi bluetooth still fails after you do this step, then your nuvi bluetooth file maybe corrupted. You will need to download this file and reinstall it to your Nuvi. Plz let me know, I'll show you how to zip the bluetooth file.
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
I had the exact same problem, very similar scenario. I seem to have fixed it by...
1. entering maintenance mode (press finger on upper left corner of screen during power up)
2. Press 'View Diagnostics'
3. Page to (Press 'Next' 5 times) Bluetooth Status Page
4. Press 'Updt PR'
5. Wait for 100% progress bar
6. Exit by pressing 'quit', then 'restart'
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
SOURCE: bluetooth enabling
for what its worth I am getting the exact same problem. I understand that Garmin have a fix for this but you have to send/take it to a registered repairers to get the software downloaded. Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
SOURCE: bluetooth will not enable
This is solved in a related post by silentspoon
I just tried it for the same problem, worked great
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 08, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Nov 25, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 17, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 31, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 12, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Nov 13, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 08, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
442 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: