Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
I bought a new Acer 4720z series laptop. I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router with WPA-PSK encryption. When i attempt to connect to net it doesn't get connected. Laptop displays the wi-fi broadcast Name (i.e. SSID) but not getting connected. But all other laptops with Win xp can easily gets connected. Suggest me a solution.
Upgrade your RAM. Vista is too big if you only have 1GB of RAM.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
Cheak for firmware update on roughter software for vista ect ok thx nick
Posted on Feb 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2013 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
on Dec 02, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
on Jan 10, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 31, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Feb 26, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
I understand that you would like to setup password on the wireless connection of the router DG834G. Please follow the below steps to enable security encryption:
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) on a computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Select security options as WPA-PSK. Enter a Password in the passphrase box. Apply the settings.
Please use the password as set above on your wireless computers to connect to the wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Feb 13, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 20, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Sep 12, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Wireless Router
Jun 09, 2008 | Intel 2915ABG 802.11a, 802.11g/b Wireless...
709 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: