Ive tried the same solutions above, this is my second lexmark printer and a friend of mine has one too. I think our solution is going to be buying a diff printer from a diff company. The ink cost more than I paid for the print so I guess I'm not out too much. Hope it's the same for you guys.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try out these two options one by one to fix it up:
A) 1 Unplug the printer. 2. Uninstall the drivers. 3. Reboot the machine. 4. Go to the lexmark site and download the drivers. 5. Install the new drivers.
B)You will get the "CANNOT RETRIEVE APPLICATION LIST" if your pc blocks
the communication from the printer. This can be configured in your
personal firewall. This can be Windows Firewall (found in Control
Panel, Security Center), Symantec Client Firewall or similar. Depending
on the configuration of this firewall you might or might not get pop-up
messages from the firewall during installation. These pop-ups will
allow you to permanently allow for this incoming communication. But
your firewall might be set not to let you decide anything which will
typically mean that the calls will be blocked out. This will often be
the case if you have a company laptop configured by the company IT
dept. You might then have to ask an admin to add exceptions the
applications used by Lexmark as the configuration might not be open for
you to change.
I think this is the complete list of applications:
Job Status Window Interface: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxdijswx.exe Lexmark Communications System: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lxdicoms.exe Lexmark Connect Time Executable: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxditime.exe Lexmark Device Monitor: C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3500-4500 Series\lxdiamon.exe Lexmark Imaging Studio: C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3500-4500 Series\App4R.exe Printer Communication System: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lxdicfg.exe Printer Status Window Interface: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxdipswx.exe
Goodluck, Please don't forget to rate the solution.
A quick fix for most communication errors can be achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. If your printer is connected via the USB cable, disconnect your printer from your computer. Reboot your computer. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source to reset it. When the printer turns on, reconnect it to your computer. Try to scan again.
If that doesn't help, try to reinstall the printer software on your computer. This will help repair any corrupted files necessary for scanning or printing.
Hi, Try the following link http://bit.ly/aLz1xL. You will find specific instructions on how to reset your device and fix the retrieve app list error. Another option is to completely remove the printer and the Lexmark software and then restart the PC, download the driver from the Lexmark.com website and install it, that has helped me before resolve this problem.
This appears to be a known error on this model of Lexmark including all the 3500-4500 ranges... there are a couple of download patches on the Lexmark customer support site at lexmark.co.uk, I simply followed the instructions and the first patch worked fine......
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button.The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button.“Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.